Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Using Gamepad with Autoquad M4???

Postby OlliW » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 pm

kinderkram wrote:I found out that the 5th channel is the push button of the pitch/roll stick and channel 6 is the push button of the throttle/yaw stick.
what a great finding! Have you read that somewhere or discovered it accidentally? Never heard that. Great finding.

This made me jumping to the workbench and checking the print board to see if the stick buttons could be extended to 3 state ... unfortunately I guess I have to shatter these hopes ... the buttons are connected quite wildly, couldn't decipher it in that short time, it seems to use multiplexing to read out the buttons ... anyway, the right stick button is connected on one side to pin30 of the atmega8, which is not an ADC port ... so, the obvious approach at least wouldn't work :?
OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 pm

I remembered that I had a nanoquad where the sticks were push buttons also.
And going through the binding process brought it back to my mind that these can be pushed, too.
Anything else was trial&error.

I couldn´t resist and dismanteled the transmitter just to find out that the gimbals were surface mounted on the board. :roll:
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm

they are through-hole mounted, not smd (quite useless, smartass-ish comment, I know :mrgreen:)
OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Well ... correct me if I´m wrong. Your smartness might save my ass now&then. ;)

Didn´t have time to try RTH. But I found out, that pushing the right stick limits the throw of yaw, pitch & roll to 400-500ish.
So at least it´ll give you some kind of "beginner´s mode" , e.g. if you wanna let a family member try. :)
kinderkram

Postby OlliW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 am

kinderkram wrote:I found out, that pushing the right stick limits the throw of yaw, pitch & roll to 400-500ish.
So at least it´ll give you some kind of "beginner´s mode"
that's what I know these stick buttons for, that they allow you to set a dualrate (it's actually somewhere in the manual)(here on page 21: http://www.absolu-modelisme.com/media/d ... NF-RTF.pdf).

I didn't knew thought that this also affects the 5&6 channels.
OlliW

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 am

A pity ... I was hoping we could at least use the left stick for waypoint recording and the right stick for wp flights.

Therfor we´d need to be able to reverse channel 5 on the transmitter - or ch6 in QGC.

Max, are you with me? :ugeek:
If my highly speculative theory works we´d be able to use either RTH with the existing setup (bah!) or WP recording & flying with a special firmware. The latter solution also provides a RTH. Store a single waypoint near you, fly around and start the mission to make it return to that point. Storing a single point anywhere else and immediately start the mission will turn into position hold. Using dual rate on the sticks doesn´t affect the autonomous functions

All with a 20bux transmitter without the need for wireless telemetry - with limited range of course.
But who cares - everyone knows I´m a cheapo. :lol:

Seriously: in combination with a BnF M4 this could make an easy entry into our li´l world.
kinderkram

Postby Max » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Wasn't there a link earlier about how to reverse a channel on that Tx? Or does that only work for the stick channels?

I could build you a fw with channel(s) reversed... or reversible, for trying out your wild speculations. ;) Just ch. 6? Which hw version?

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm

EDIT: Oops - it´s channel 5, not 6 that needs to be reversed - sorry. And yes: you can only reverse the ch1-4, not 5&6

I had my 15 mins of ... shame today. Took the M4 for a test on RTH.
Both QGC and the Android app report "home position set" when I arm - but when triggering RTH notten happened. :(

hp-set.gif
hp-set.gif (2.75 KiB) Viewed 2452 times

I guess it has smt to do with the "set home" always on. Didn´t control it in QGC´s wp list though (only had the Android at the field).This is how I have it now:

rth.gif
rth.gif (28.81 KiB) Viewed 2452 times

For WP recording and playback I need the flight mode channel reversed. As you can see the mission is triggered from the start so I can´t arm.

blade-radion-option2.gif
blade-radion-option2.gif (28.39 KiB) Viewed 2452 times

The last WPLR version I had was r416 by Angel. I guess it´s also in Menno´s r429 - he has the HoTT feature enabled/disabled via parameter. Menno has also posted the source:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?category=1

Thx for the offer, Max! Highly appriciated. But no sweat - if it doesn´t work we can at least use it with the 4 channels for fun. And for just flying around indoors or at short range it´s a sufficient and cheap solution.
On another thought: can we change extend the min/max values for the channels so even with +680 it will sit in the middle? E.g. set "fight mode" or "home action" instead of -350/0/+350 we have -680/+680/+1360 to trigger PH?

Hope I´m clear enough...
kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 pm

New Wiki page for the Blade transmitter:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... ght-blade/

If I only had fw to play with WP recording and missions. :cry:
kinderkram

Postby lr-viruz » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Kisssys wrote:I have felt the need for having a small full feature Transmitter. I took a small tx which I think was from a Ladybug
and used the gimbals and a arduino module to create a 8 channel full function tx. I put a orange TX module in the back.
I need to use this as a start on putting one together that isn't just a hodge podge but this one does everything I need.

I used this code but their are several projects out their.
http://www.reseau.org/arduinorc/

20141229_074700.jpg
20141229_074645.jpg

Kisssys, Can you please explain to me how you did this? I will love to do something similar but instead of using an Orange TX module, I would like to use a Frsky module.
lr-viruz

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller