[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Binding internal Receivers

Binding internal Receivers

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Binding internal Receivers

Postby daniel_k » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi!
I am trying to set up my M4 and I have some trouble binding the Deltang onboard receiver to my
Spektrum DX10t. According to the setup guide the M4 should start up with a flickering green LED
to show it is in binding mode. Mine is starting with the green off and I am not able to bind it
(DX10t always tells me the binding fails).
How do I set the M4 (production board) into binding mode?

Daniel
Last edited by kinderkram on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is about M4v2 and the internal Cyrf receiver
daniel_k

Re: Binding Deltang Receiver

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:28 pm

LPR

Postby daniel_k » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Larry,

thanks for your help.
While trying to setup the receiver earlier, I changed the radio type to deltang (7).
So I just tried your step-by-step instructions, but until now I am not succesful.
You are talking about the yellow LED in the corner between arm 3 and 4, right?
Mine is just flickering independent from what I configure as Radio detup (7 or 8) and I am not
able to bind it when I set it to 8.
Is there anything I need to setup hardware-wise? There is an undocumented "solder jumper pad" on
arm 2, do I need to close it? Measuring the voltage on the two parts of the pads, I get 3.3V on one pad and 2.56V on the
other pad.
The blue LED for the GPS is just flickering as well and with the DIY dipole-antenna I am not able to get
any kind of GPS fix.
Any ideas?

Daniel
daniel_k

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Daniel,
have you set Radio_Type = -1 like Larry?

btw: will edit the topic title since you have the v2. ;)

Larry: Thx for the info! I´ve added some of them to the Wiki and linked to your post.
Once QGC 1.6 is out, it´ll be obsolete anyway.

In the meantime we take it as a training and to show off the parameter list. :lol:
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:52 pm

This pad should be jumpered to power the onboard RX on all R6 boards.

RXpadJumper.jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Binding internal Receivers

Postby daniel_k » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Short update to my last posting:
GPS is working correctly, the first startup just took more time than expected (impatient me ;) ).
The binding issue still exists :?

Daniel
daniel_k

Postby daniel_k » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:33 pm

It's working!!! :)
I needed to solder the jumper pad.
Could anyone please update the wiki page?
Thank you all for your help!

Daniel
daniel_k

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Daniel

Good to see that you have the receiver working but there's one more problem at the moment you should know about with the QGC.

When you change a Tx channel that you want a function to use and save it, then you look at the Radio Type (RC1) you will notice that it changes to "No Radio".

This behavior is a BUG. Just keep checking that the parameters have the right settings for RADIO SETUP and if it's back to "0" than change it back to 8 and click on Transmit and Write Flash.

Larry
Attachments
2014 12 21 M4.jpg
Last edited by LPR on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Informations slowly dribbling in...

I`ve updated the Wiki.
kinderkram

Postby pbarsamian » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:40 am

I got the Deltang on my M4 to bind with my Futaba/Orange DSM module, the problem I'm having is that for some reason the board seems to forget the binding if I unplug the battery from the board. If I leave it plugged in and just turn on/off using the power button, it seems to keep the binding but not if the battery gets unplugged.

Any thoughts on where to look for what I might be doing wrong?
pbarsamian

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller