[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Binding internal Receivers

Binding internal Receivers

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Binding internal Receivers

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:13 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm

pbarsamian wrote:
I got the Deltang on my M4 to bind with my Futaba/Orange DSM module, the problem I'm having is that for some reason the board seems to forget the binding if I unplug the battery from the board. If I leave it plugged in and just turn on/off using the power button, it seems to keep the binding but not if the battery gets unplugged.

I think your not getting the Tx started before you start the M4. If you start the M4 first you only have 15 seconds to get the M4 started or the Deltang or the newer Rx will go to bind mode.

It takes extra time to start a Tx that is using an Orange Tx module. When you hear the loud beep which happens after 10 or 15 seconds after you turn on the Futaba the Orange Tx starts to work.

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Tip: Add a 1S lipo if you have trouble binding internal M4V2--yellow LED won't stop flashing. I found not eneough power from USB alone. Transmitter: Orange T-Six DSM2.
Patnet

Postby Patnet » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm now unable to get a flashing yellow or a sold yellow. I just get a pale flickering yellow. It did bind a while ago once in a test. I have soldered the jumper next to Arm 2; Radio type is -1; Radio setup is 8; CVRF Onboard is Radio Type flashed and saved settings to AQ multiple times. Audible beeps off ESCs. GPS is OK.

Any ideas?

ADD. EDIT: I've got a bit further and identified the issue is with the Kisssys Ext Board 1.0. The lack of solid yellow occurs when I connect it.

Have I got this right?, I run the signal wire from each ESC to M5-M*; configure M5-M8 in Mixing and Output in QGC and then connect C3 to "0" with a wire? Is that it?, do I need to use the SD card slot, can I leave it off, or is it required? Does anyone know a way to test the Ext Brd 1.0?

Thanks,
Patnet

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:15 am

axelnied

Postby Max » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 am

Better? http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... -Connector :)

As for how to remove the shielding... carefully! Hardest part is to not nick the inner insulation too much, otherwise you get a weak spot there and it gets kinda floppy (but you could put some fresh shrink on there to reinforce it). The antennas are cheap though... I use FrSky replacements (eg. http://www.alofthobbies.com/15cm-receiver-antenna.html). Same as I use for the GPS dipoles.

To avoid nicking the inner shield, once I remove the outer insulation to the proper length, I use some very sharp needle-nose tweezers (for soldering/parts placing) to pick a hole through the outer mesh shielding at the base of where I just exposed. Once the hole is big enough, I can pull the inner wire through it with the tweezers. Then it is easy to just cut off the shielding wire, or use it for the ground leg of the dipole.

-Max
Max

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:28 am

Max,

Thanks for updating the images in the right spot (so I feel), and providing alternative links to the u.fl cables. Highly appreciated.

Stay warm!

Axel
axelnied

Postby Patnet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:33 am

Axel you hijacked the thread. I had a question there.
Patnet

Postby Max » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:49 am

Max

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 am

Patnet,

Sorry you feel this way! I felt like my question was directly related to the internal receiver (that won't work right without a proper antenna)...
axelnied

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller