[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Binding internal Receivers

Binding internal Receivers

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Binding internal Receivers

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Max

You can setup the Taranis for a 12 channel output using the Orange Tx Module and have channels work on the M4 v2.

You only have to change the Taranis settings for external Tx from 1-8 to 1-12.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Ah, cool, that works! Actually I realized that I had it set to 9 channels already, and they all worked. Had to restart the Taranis/module after bumping it to 12 channels, but now I see all 12 responding in the QGC channel monitor. Does make the PPM frame length pretty long (30.5ms) which will add some delay so I'll probably keep the channel count down to only what I need.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Max

I like using 9-12 for tuning Quatos with knobs.

Larry
LPR

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi all I am having binding problems with my M4 v2 and a recently aquired used DX6i (no experience with DX6i either). Radio is set to the onboard number 8 and M4 restarted so it is in memory. The pads are jumpered for onboard radio.

When trying to bind with the DX6i in default dsm2 and dsmx I only get a sync A in AQC. When I go into the setting of the DX6i and select dsm2 only I get a sync a, sync b, 100% signal quality, and the yellow led on the M4 goes solid. I can also move all the controls and see a corresponding movement on QGC. HOWEVER the DX6i never indicates a bind. On a subsequent restart there is no bind either. Any ideas? I have also tried binding multiple times with several meteres distance between the tx and m4.

FYI that screenshot shows radio type as 8. I was playing with settings radio type is -1 and radio setup is 8.

sc.png
pilotnbr1

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Pilot

You can see in my screen shot that Radio Type needs to set at -1.

If your yellow LED is flashing when all you need to do is stand a couple of meters away from the M4 and hold the trainer switch on and turn on the DX6i.

Larry
Attachments
QGC NYLON QUAD.png
LPR

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Thanks Larry. That wasnt the best screenshot as I had been playing with settings- radio type is -1. I do stand back and am able to get the yellow LED to go solid. All my control inputs are correctly displayed within QGC. I just never get any indication from the DX6i that a bind was successful as I am holding down the trainer/bind switch on powerup. I am under the impression that the DX6i gives some series of beeps that it succesfully bound. It also does not reliably keep the bind after power down.
pilotnbr1

Postby kinderkram » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Sounds like a problem with the transmitter. Did you try to bind it to a different receiver?
kinderkram

Postby pilotnbr1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 pm

After much trial and error I think I have bound the DX6i to the M4. It seems that after a bind (as only indicated by the M4 yellow led going solid and QGC showing a bind- still no positive indication from the DX6i) if I shut it all down and repower the DX6i and the M4, the DX6i must already be turned on. The M4 yellow led goes solid almost immediately and there is no need to rebind. I can now also arm and disarm the M4. So I think its all working.

Now I am just fiddling with setting up the flap and gear assignments... Still have not been able to just manually fly my little homebuilt brushed quad. More research to see whats wrong apparently.

Luke
pilotnbr1

Postby kinderkram » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Ok, glad you solved it!

btw: an iron rules says: "ALWAYS fire up your transceiver first!" ;)
kinderkram

Postby Max » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Max

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller