[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - If using 3s what do I need?

If using 3s what do I need?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

If using 3s what do I need?

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

I plan to build an FPV quad 250 size that will run on 3S, however I understand the M4 is only 1s. So if I use a BEC to step down to 1s then how does the m4 know what voltage is remaining in the battery?
Jdmagoo

Re: If using 3s what do I need?

Postby JussiH » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:24 am

Basically you need an expansion board. I have one coming up in january, but Joerg makes one as well:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3950

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3857

If using a V2 board (think I saw one for you in the pile today), you could also do it with a Kisssys expander and a simple 5V BEC since the V2 has the Voltage divider used for battery monitoring and option to supply directly from 5V.

If using a V1 (beta) board, its a bit different and you will need to supply max 4.5V onto Vcom+ and use a external Voltage divider to monitor the main pack.

But take a look at Joergs board. Its very nice and perhaps he can get you one.... ;)

I will update the Docu shortly with information about how to use voltage dividers and >1s supplies on V1 and V2 boards.
JussiH

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:03 am

Jdmagoo

Postby mumba » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

Did i understand right that the V2 board has voltage divider onboard? So i can put directly 3s lipo to ADC Port for voltage monitoring?

Thanks
mumba

Postby Astudillo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Astudillo

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller