[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Which GPS antennas work well....

Which GPS antennas work well....

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Which GPS antennas work well....

Postby Max » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

I have to try flying with it, but the indoor lock was pretty impressive so far. It's freakin' cold outside though! Shipping from DK was only $4 for me, with a bunch of other small stuff too... $26 is a lot! :(

-Max
Max

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Yes, I did not find it in Europe when I looked for it, so I ordered it in the US, which was definitively a mistake, as it was not worth all the costs.
Now I am looking at an alternative Antenna. Currently Viacopter does not have any of the antennas available, so I need to find another source.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:25 pm

kinderkram

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Max

Tests on the M4 V2 board has shown that this passive antenna does not work with it. Do not use on the M4 V2 unless you know exactly how to make modifications to get it work.

My Taoglas FXP.611 GPS worked well for quite a while but the last time I tried it I found that the antenna was shorted. It had been involved in a lot of crashes that of course were not my fault and the leaf was bent up.

I'll make a dipole out of it and get another but this time I'll keep it a way from the props. It looks like a prop hit caused the short.

On this 3D printed frame it should be easy to keep the props at bay.

Larry
Attachments
IMG_20150101_194152316_HDR.jpg
Last edited by LPR on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:32 pm

I have now ordered this one:
Taoglas Limited
AGGP.25F.07.0060A

It is a ceramic active antenna with 28dB gain it is 25x25mm
I will give it a try, in the hope it will give me the expected accuracy.
Once I have tested it, I will report here about the results.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Thx for trying, Duke!

Do you know what these weigh? Haven´t found anything about it.
kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Haven't found either the weight, but will post it here as well as soon as I get my hand on it.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi bn999 and all...thanks for the guidance to the special way to hook up the ublox utility...
Firstly .... Success with the dipole! .... Special key ingredient seems to have been patience...while fiddling with the ublox for some time (about 45mins)...the Hacc trended down to a stable 3D fix value ... Continuing to bounce around 1.x m ....
Secondly and most importantly...I unplugged all and battery connected and got solid blue in about 25sec.... :D
...the other special ingredient might include the fact that I ordered $50 worth of antennas over night ... Mmm :?

... So now onto setting up the BT link and then actually trying to get a device controllable airborne.
Mattpgreen

Postby Mattpgreen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Mattpgreen

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Best regards,
DUKE40

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller