[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Which GPS antennas work well....

Which GPS antennas work well....

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Which GPS antennas work well....

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Just wondering which GPS antennas have been seen to work well with the v2 of the m4?

many thanks

James
Jdmagoo

Re: Which GPS antennas work well....

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi,

I am interested as well in the information which GPS antenna would be recommended with the M4?
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby LPR » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:22 pm

The information is here. http://autoquad.org/

Read through the Documentation Menu to find a tremendous amount of information.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... a-options/

I'm using a DIY dipole antenna and this one from Taoglas.

http://www.richardsonrfpd.com/Pages/Pro ... Id=1103058

Larry
LPR

Postby Mattpgreen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:33 am

Hi all
I tried asking this in the general section a couple of days ago...no help so here it is in a more sensible place...

I now have my much anticipated M4's ... But no GPS antennas ... I think I have the right base item to make a dipole but I haven't worked it all out yet...can someone pls guide with some pics....I remove outer plastic sheath to reveal braiding I remove braiding to reveal stiffish clear plastic molded over a conductor...dumb questions... 1. What items form the dipoles ... 2. Do I have to strip the clean inner plastic from the inner conductor....sorry very nube question
Mattpgreen

Postby kinderkram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am

Matt, you´ve been pointed in the right direction twice. ;)

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... PS-Antenna

I thought this image says it all, no?

kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Oh, forgot to mention that the active GPS ceramic antennas work best:
https://viacopter.eu/multirotor-shop/au ... pter-store

Christof is using it with good results:

kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:24 am

Attachments
20150103_110812.jpg
20150103_110645.jpg
Mattpgreen

Postby Mullet » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 am

The way I understand it is one wire of the dipole is the main wire you have in your picture. You still need to strip the clear insulation off. Then I'd twist it and tin it with solder. I'd also cut it to maybe a 3/4 inch in size. The other wire is made up of the shielding -- that's the wiry material that is all straggly on your wire. What I did was carefully removed the first layer of insulation. Then I had enough shielding that I could separate into a bunch of strands. I twisted those into a bunch and tinned that. Then I took two copper hook up wires and soldered them to each end. Then, I used shrink tube on all three ends. I used a lot -- two layers to stiffen the main wire and some to make a nice bend where the u.fl connector is. Finally, I used some blu tak to make the T junction a little more secure. Here's a pic...

IMG_1431.jpg
Mullet

Postby kinderkram » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 am

Matt: the shield is the "second wire". ;)
Look at the image I posted above. Left wire is the core, right wire is the shield.
kinderkram

Postby Mattpgreen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:37 am

Mattpgreen

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller