[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Joerg

I saw this kind of motor response using PID control with ESC32 V3. As soon as I switched to Quatos the motors smoothed out completely.

Are you using Quatos?

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi Larry,
No, it's in PID at the moment. Will have to try Quatos later but did not dare due to the fast rising motor temp (did not want to take the risk to burn them even before the first flight).

Took a video of the second flight on 2S/PID and will upload it soon.

Why is there auch a difference between Quatos and PID? Fast KISS response?
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby LPR » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Joerg

I think that PID is not setup up for use with close looped motor controllers. My 4014 KDE motors with 17" props made a lot of noise and were hot in less then a minuet but with Quatos they run very smooth.

If you can set the Kiss ESCs to open loop I think you'll be fine using 3s lipos and PID control.

Larry
LPR

Postby sandmen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:02 pm

@Joerg,
it's really simple, you need to adjust yor PID's! During the "Chaos Computer Congress" in Hamburg Felix, Paul an me, build up a more or less same copter.
And it fly's perfect. With the correct PID's ! :-)
sandmen

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Joerg

Nice to see it fly.

I use 3s 2200 with quatos - with good performance.
I will need to update the FW with some PWM preload.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Alveran » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:37 am

just a quick thought, do you have any ELKO's between the ESC and the battery? maybe your main power cable is to long, Felix recommends 20cm with the battery included.
Alveran

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:58 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:38 am

Besides doing a BLDC based nano quad with brushless motors/bluetooth/logging via SD card would it be possible to use this board for a mini FPV quad with all radios, camera, etc? Would the unused M1-M4 have to be tapped into to make this happen? Or would the Nav2Telem 0r2 board be a better choice? I'm fairly new to this, so don't know all the ins-and-outs of proper I/O and protocols.

As a side note, I will post in the general forum about the types of I/O and what they mean.
Mullet

Postby LPR » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 am

Joerg

I think the poor thing has suffered enough and you should put it out of it's misery!!

If you were using Quatos I would say to turn down the Prop K1 or L1 k1 but with PID I'm not sure, just try lowering Tilt angle P some first.

Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller