[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: Using M4 with BLDCs - Short How to

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:37 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks as always for your detailed answers.

Yeah I'd most likely use PC6 to transmit to an OSD instead of HOTT. So it looks like I'll get to be the guinea pig using it for other purposes. That leaves me with M5, M6, and M8. These will go towards a camera gimbal system... maybe the STorM32. Not sure 3 PWM will be enough. I still have 1 PWM left on the actual M4, but I wanted to use that for a buzzer. I might have to tap the extra PWM lines going to the on-board ESCs. Then I'm thinking of using the TX/RX and 5v lines for 3DR Telemetry. No BT. :shock: This should make for a nice FC board combo that should do enough of what the AQ6 does.
Mullet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:17 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Mullet » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:53 am

With regard to using TX from the board... I'm sure you're referring to just making a Y splitter off the the TX going to BT, which was the same suggestion you made for the BLDC expander board. I suppose I could do that and then have an extra PWM channel for something else.
Mullet

Postby funkjan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:46 am

I read more or less the whole thread, but still would appreciate, if I can get some help in building up a small FPV quad with 4 brushless ESC's and a 2S Lipo - very light build (3.5g motors and MU-3A 0.7g ESC no BEC)

The hardware I got here is a M4 V2 board and a Kisssys Expansion board.

- What do I have to do to make the M4 capable of running with a 2S Lipo?

- And where and how exactly (which pads to be used) do I connect the 4 brsuhless ESC's (Kisssys has M5-M8 connectors but sorry for such a naiv question I got only 4 motors on a quad so this should be M1-M4?)?

- Is there a ready for download FW version for such a build or can somebody help me out with one?

Maybe I missed anything in the wiki or a thread here? - so any help here or links are welcome.

I already fly a M4 V2 Ladybird build and I got a bunch of bigger copters up to DSLR carrying Octos, but this small Ladybird is by far the one what gives me the biggest fun :) - love the fast RTH sounds like bees

Thanks in advance!

Jan
funkjan

Postby LPR » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Jan

I too like the way a brushed small quad can do a return to home. I have mine set at 12 m/s and I like to fly it high and far away till it's just a dot. Then do a return to home and have is stop just in front of me at the home WP. It's a crowd pleaser.

With your Kisssy expansion board the easiest way to go would be to use the four connection to control your four ESCs.
To use the Kisssy expansion board you need to have the firmware for external ESCs.
The four connection on the expansion board are for ports 5 thru 8.

You can use the firmware wizard to easily find the right firmware.

To use a 2s lipo I would buy a BEC that would give 5 volts to power the M4 when connected to the VUSB connection on the M4 board.

You must also connect a wire from the 2s lipo to the ADC connection so the M4 can adjust the motors thrust to the voltage level of the lipo.

Here's a link to a recent build that's similar to yours.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4632&p=34638#p34638

Larry
LPR

Postby Patnet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:46 am

Hi Joerg, please can you clarify. Using your extension board with the latest revision, I'm still voltage sensing from the lipo to the ADC on the M4V2. Would that be right? In addition to lipo to your board for power.

Thanks. Working on the build with the one you sold me.
Patnet

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Patnet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Got it, thanks. Works great.
Patnet

Postby funkjan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:53 pm

funkjan

PreviousNext