[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 Showcases

M4 Showcases

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4 Showcases

Postby kinderkram » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm

RCG user "quadmovr" shows off his M4:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=534985

A lot of nice pics there - and a nice build, too! 8-)

There`s also a good tutorial how to strip a Graupner GR12 receiver to fit the M4:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2225448

@ Menno: where do we solder the GR Telemetry wire on the M4? Would be nice to have!

Will ask him if we can use the stuff for our Wiki. ;)
kinderkram

Re: M4 Showcases

Postby bn999 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:42 pm

New M4 altitude record :)

M4.PNG
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Nice!

But what were you doing on the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain?
Vacations or proof of concept? :D

Must have been impressive riding the cable way up the glacier.
kinderkram

Postby bn999 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:36 pm

It wasn't me.
bn999

Postby Sascha » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Yesterday 2x M4 (Flyduino Dirk and me) performs a little Nightfly. The GPS environment was a little bit jammed from the Xrays, but RTH works great also Position Hold!
One M4 use Spectrum Sattelite RX, the other a Graupner RX. Both use a selfmade GPS-Dipol antenna.
Attachments
IMG_20140919_195843.jpg
Sascha

Postby Sascha » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Some more Pictures with Daylight
Attachments
K1600_M4-RX.JPG
M4 Graupner RX
K1600_M4-GPS.JPG
M4 GPS
K1600_M4-Air Bot.JPG
M4 Bot
K1600_M4_Air Top.JPG
M4 Top
K1600_M4.JPG
M4
Sascha

Postby Kisssys » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:30 pm

For those that feel the need for redundancy when flying their expensive Hubsan camera I created the M4 X8.
Chaoli 0720-12 motors with Ladybird props. AUW 64 grams and fly's with 4 engines out.

X8small.jpg
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Nice birds, Sascha & Steve!

I´ve also attached an FPV gear to mine - but it doesn´t work well, too much noise - as soon as I start the motors I do see nothing. :(

Steve: did you just attach the motors in parallel?
kinderkram

Postby Kisssys » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Norbert,

Yes they are in parallel.

I looked at the motor files I have and calculated the most thrust I could expect from 2 0720-12's with LB props at 3 volts. That is about 24.55 grams.

I then put the motors as configured on the test stand and measure the thrust and found that at 3 volts I would get 21.24 grams of thrust. About 15 percent loss which I would expect.

I then tried them with the motors going the same direction and I got 19.6 grams which is a wopping 25 percents loss.
The efficiency is so poor that I figured it wasn't practical design anyway so I just did it with the 25 percent loss and the motors going the same way. Loss of an engine of course is 50 percent of the higher value.

Something I thought was interesting was when you spin a motor the opposite props spins, I spent half a day thinking that it was the airflow doing that until I realized it was the voltage generated by the other motor. When I get time I'll do the motor test again using separate fet drivers for each motor and see if those numbers change.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

M4 meets rOsewhite Rachel

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am

Hi,

work in progress, but here are some appetizer pictures for you! More to come --> stay tuned!!
SANY0313.JPG
M4 on a rOsewhite Rachel frame

SANY0316.JPG
seen from the side: green PCB (lowest) = TC power distribution board, purple PCB (middle) = M4 uSD-BLDC adapter board, black PCB (top) = M4

The frame is a rOsewhite Rachel CFK frame, the ESC are SimonK flashed HK Blue-Series.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller