[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 signaling

M4 signaling

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

M4 signaling

Postby afernan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:10 am

I´ve noticed that "signalign" for battery events is doing nothing with the onboard leds. Then, flying with no gcs, no way to control battery level.. that´s a problem

In the board there are another 4xleds connections in each of the corners/bottom side.
1.-Can we attach some leds there?
2.-what kind?
3.-Can we use them for signaling?. How they are reffered in the code?

Thanks for the info

Angel
Attachments
Captura.JPG
Last edited by afernan on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Re: M4 signaling

Postby Max » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am

At stage 2 low battery warning, all the onboard LEDs will start flashing. It should be pretty obvious, even in sunlight. Set your stage 2 to something like 3.3 to 3.4V.

The empty LED pads on black beta boards are just on omission -- they're supposed to be the same LEDs as mounted on the other side of the board, and perform the same functions. I don't know the part #s or what voltage they're driven at.

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am

Hi Max: not the case for me. At Bat low level STAGE-2 leds remain the same.

I have black board, using stage1 = 3.5v, stage2 = 3.3v
afernan

Postby Max » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 am

Not sure why that wouldn't work for you. It can be hard to determine what the actual voltage is in flight, w/out telemetry or log. Are you sure it's getting down to < 3.3V? On one of my first builds, it was a bit heavy, and once the blue 380mAh LB batteries ran down a bit, the quad wouldn't have enough power to stay in the air, even before the stage 2 warning kicked in. At first I also thought the warning system was broken. :)

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 am

Angel, set the stage2 higher like 3,6V to trigger the event.
Mine reliably starts to flash once the threshold is reached. I have to land her immediately or she will flip.
That´s how I crashed my first frame - am waiting for replacement parts bf I can go on...
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 am

I moved up the STAGE1=3.8v to check again using QGC. Saved and restarted.
Then I put a batery having 3.6v . The warning of STAGE1 is shown but leds remains stable, can´t see them blinking.

I had several falls of my M4 while flying due to this lack of battery level.

Do you know wow are those leds identified in the code?
afernan

Postby bn999 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

The un-populated LED pads are so that one can decide which side to place the LEDS. They are electrically connected to each other.

However, there is not enough power to run them both at the same time. So do not populate top and bottom LEDs simultaneously or risk damage to the MCU.

Another way would be to remove the SMD LEDs and install through hole ones with one lead going to the top pad and the other to the bottom.
bn999

Postby Max » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Max

Postby bn999 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm

bn999

Postby afernan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 am

I confirm, blinking only at STAGE-2.
I´m using now 3.6v for STAGE 1 and 3.4v for Stage-2 that works OK for my M4

Angel