[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 - what is it, what can it do?

M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Postby JussiH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Guys, can you pls help Nico a bit here. I think he could use some support from a german speaking person....Joerg, Menno?

Thanks

Jussi
JussiH

Postby Altix » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Nico,

Although it doesn't help you, I can tell you, you are not alone. I have a very similar problem right now. I have almost the same components, but a Spectrum sat as Rx. Connected to the M4 I can set all servo limits as required, incl. the throttle channel 0-->1400. I can calibrate the ESCs connected to the Rx only and the motors start spinning smoothly as expected when pushing the throttle stick.

If I then connect the ESCs to the Get em... expansion board and the Spectrum sat to the M4, nothing happens after arming the board. The KISS leds should turn blue after armimg, but they don't. I have to push the throttle stick above 50% to hear them beeping, initializing and turning the leds on, but still the motors don't spin.

I was very enthusiastic after I started with the ladybird-M4, which is actually my absolute indoor favourite. But the upgrade to a brushless M4 starts to be some kind of nightmare for me. I haven't spent that much time on any other FC, but still the copter is not in the air :(
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby Crizz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Why using Spektrum-Sat ? The m4 has Spektrum Receiver already on-board, works fine. Sure you defined the correct PWM-ports for use with brushless ESC in QGC and wrote to the Autoquad controller ? If only 2 get armed, it can be caused by wrong configuration and motor port definition. The extensionboards for BL are starting with port 5 , 1-4 is for brushed controllers on board of M4 only. Maybe give it a second look on that ?
Crizz

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:57 pm

joebar.rc

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm

joebar.rc

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi,
my KISS ESC settings for MN2206 motors with 6x2 CFK props are as below:
MOT_ARM 1055
MOT_MAX 1950
MOT_MIN 1080
MOT_START 1095

The aBUGSworstnightmare M4 Expansion boards (0r1 to 0r3) are all using the same I/O connections:
M5: J2-7 (I2C1-SCL, PB6; MCU Pin 58)
M6: J2-6 (I2C1-SDA, PB7; MCU Pin 59)
M7: J2-10 (PC6, UART6-TX; MCU Pin 37)
M8: J1-10 (PC7, UART6-RX; MCU Pin 38)
BT RX: J2-8 (PA10, UART1-RX, MCU Pin 43)
BT TX: J2-9 (PA9, UART1-TX, MCU Pin 42)
ExpansionHeaderM4.jpg

@Menno: I'm pretty sure your HOTT Firmware is using the same motor connections? If possible, can you post a HOTT firmware (for M4r6 production boards incl. your parameter set for the 250size quad) that is using HOTT COM1 (J2-9; HoTT is using half duplex TX line only) as DEFAULT?
Sorry, I'm pretty glad with my Spektum DX8 and DX10 --> no chance to help/test in case of HoTT!

@all: using HoTT and BT togehter will NOT work with this expansion board! You need to configure the M4 by using USB connection!

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby el-dentiste » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 pm

hi
yes thank u all guys:)
menno has a good tip and idea and that was ist. the m4 fly. not good at the moment but he live :) is a fast "jittering" have to do some pid tuning.
i hope it fix fast beacuse the motors gettin hot from this high pids.
than came a vid:)

Michael,
maybe u are in the 3d mode of the kiss esc!! (i have the same at the beginnig) learn the kiss at a normal servo tester with 1000-2000 in. or a nanowii board or so.

((sorry for my bad english, i would like to write more but i dont have the words for..... :oops: ))
el-dentiste

Postby Altix » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks to Menno and Jörg. I have again to admit, that I am stupid! After more that a dozend MultiWii boards, I configured in the past, I should have realized, there are too many 0us in the configuration. I just had a few minutes time, but with the help Jörg's values I could start the motors without any problems. As soon, as I have finished the Mini-H, I will try to write a German summary, that might be helpful for those pilots, that haven't touched the M4 due to language barriers.
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby el-dentiste » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 am

good to her Michael

at the fpvc i want to Start a thread about m4 Abs mini h. now i could;) it seems to work.
el-dentiste

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller