[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 - what is it, what can it do?

M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Postby Davpep » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:55 am

A newbie question. Board is ordered but I haven't got it yet. How autonomous is "autonomous"? Does it still have to be within range of a transmitter? Could a mission be set up with Android interface and run without a transmitter? Just having ideas of hiking in beautiful places and minimizing the gear carried.
Davpep

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:55 am

Hi and welcome to AQ!

Well, you could fly a complete mission with auto take off & land but you can´t arm, disarm, switch flight modes etc.
It´s also not recommended to fly without a transmitter - it´s even not allowed in many countries, you must be able to take over manually at any point.

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby Davpep » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:17 am

Thanks Norbert. Could the transmitter be an Android device with radio dongle?
Davpep

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:33 am

In principal, yes. If you have an app that feeds the radio module with the correct values...
Have a link? :D
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:35 am

In theory, sure. As long as it can communicate with the RC Rx, it would work. Did you have a particular device in mind? It's an interesting idea... I just did a quick search and looks like there are some devices already on the market. Might be a viable alternative for a small/portable Tx.

-Max
Max

Postby Davpep » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:26 am

No, nothing in mind yet. Just thinking it should be possible . I didn't explain that what I have in mind is a mini/nano camera quad using the m4 board and Mobious type camera. We're getting too old to carry heavy packs these days so the less the better. Usually there's an android 'phone along for the trip anyhow.
Thanks for the help. I look forward to trying it.
Davpep

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:45 am

The ceramic antennas, Red M4s and Kisssys expander kits are back in stock today. :D

https://viacopter.eu/multirotor-shop/autoquad-m4
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:25 pm

kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:30 pm

JussiH

Postby el-dentiste » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm

hi
i try the m4 with joergs adapterboard and a fw with quatos from menno. but its doesnt work. only two motros spin. dont know whats going on. my english is also not good enough to explain the whole.
i will fly a mini H-frame with kiss18a and 1806 2300kv motors maybe 5or 6 zoll. the kopter fly great with nanowii before

esc are learned in. only two ports (its 5,6,7,8) are get a korrekt signal. when i pluged in one other esc at a working port it "beep" and work so i thnk the throttle way is korrekt etc. but i dont know what i could do to get it good in the air. with r442 i dont have a chance to fly :(
if i have to buy i kissy board to get it work i will do. but it should work with joergs i hope so.
dont know what to do. maybe a big nail and a hammer to get the m4 to the wall:(
el-dentiste

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller