[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 - what is it, what can it do?

M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Postby Crizz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi Jussi, i ordered also (and send you message), need an adaptor-board for moddign to bl-setup, self-tipping is no problem if you can add a BOM-list for the board. Would be great to get one with my M4, just let me know details for payment.
Crizz

Postby edge0xc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 pm

hey,
just tried to use my m4. i can configureit via usb but when i use a 1S lipo, no LEDs come to live and nothing hapens. i read the instructions, but wasnt able to find a solution. can someone help me?

Cheers,

Alex
edge0xc

Postby JussiH » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Yeah, thats probably one we need to add to the Wiki.

There is a side actuated tactile switch on the board. This is an on/off controller for the Lipo voltage. Push it!
JussiH

Postby Crizz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:41 pm

yep, had the same problem yesterday - little difficult to identify, but reading all the stuff helped me finding the note to the "power-switch". Would be great to modify the section that shows the connections by a little note for it.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:44 pm

kinderkram

Postby funkjan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 am

So busy with other things that I nearly missed the great news here - what a nice FC - congratulations !! - now even small acro quads can have a RTH, if I loose orientation and much more - GREAT thank you!

But I have one concern - guess that the compass/magnetometer is onboard?

Where? - if one can show or explain it on the picture (board layout schematic)!

Meanwhile every other platform (FC with GPS) I know switched to external compass solutions even MK and now more opensource OpenPilot with the Revo. For the well known reason, that high currents have a strong influence to compass magnetic field and still the best you can do is to seperate them (distance).

Could imagine that with a Ladybird build with these low amps produced it won't be so bad, but I wonder what other people especialy with M4 used for bigger copters experience?

Why do I not find some posts with this topic?

Is there anything special (magic :) ) in the M4v2 layout to prevent that?

Thx in advance!

Jan
funkjan

Postby Max » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 am

Hi Jan,

The magic is mostly in the firmware lately. Bill workout out a way so that we hardly rely on the mag at all anymore. Mag noise hasn't been an issue for a while now (since fw v6.8 or so). It's really amazing what it can do with a quick "spin it around" mag calibration. And also the ACC calibration ("tare") is now a breeze. I haven't actually flown an M4 on a bigger rig yet, but it certainly all works great on the AQ6 + DIMU, and the M4 is the most stable micro I've ever seen. You won't believe how much gusty wind it can handle with ease.

The only thing "wrong" with an M4 right now is that it won't do flips. :mrgreen: Otherwise it's an incredible value IMHO.

-Max
Max

Making a simple dipole gps antenna

Postby Mattpgreen » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 am

Hi all
I now have M4 much anticipated M4's ... But no GPS antennas ... I think I have the right base item to make a dipole but I haven't worked it all out yet...can someone pls guide with some pics....I remove outer plastic sheath to reveal braiding I remove braiding to reveal stiffish clear plastic molded over a conductor...dumb questions... 1. What items form the dipoles ... 2. Do I have to strip the clean inner plastic from the inner conductor....sorry very nub question
Mattpgreen

Postby kinderkram » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:40 am

@ Jan: While everyone else is having a hard time getting rid of EMI, the AQ will never be "graced" by one of those ugly "Mag-on-a-Stick" solutions. Another unique feature which makes it stand out from the masses. ;)

@ Matt: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/m4-microc ... PS-Antenna
kinderkram

Postby funkjan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:27 pm

@Max, @Norbert - thx guys convinced :)

P.S.: have no idea what to build with the M4 (too many copters already and none has the need to be changed) is the Ladybird build worth to do it? or is it more or less only flyable in absolut calm conditions?
funkjan

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller