[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - M4 - what is it, what can it do?

M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Info and discussion about the autonomous Micro FC, suitable for nanos, micros and mini multirotors

Re: M4 - what is it, what can it do?

Postby kinderkram » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:00 pm

kinderkram

Postby Altix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

No need for absolut calm conditions, a bit wind is not a problem. If it is too windy, most probably the weak motors will be the limiting factor. I have a Ladybird build here just to learn a bit about the M4. It is quite impressive to exercise a RTH with this small bird. But sooner or later the M4 will be transfered to my 250 Mini-H quad. Jörgs get em... board is already ordered ;)
Regards, Michael
Altix

Postby Max » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Jan, I guess I convinced you before you finished reading my post.. :P I can't tell you if it's "worth it" for you, but I tell you my M4 micro is the most-flown MR I have. By a long shot (especially with "indoor season" now upon us). I don't use the GPS very often myself, but on the other hand I can put it in position hold and hand the controls to someone who has never flown before to try it out. They love it. It's safe and not intimidating, yet flies steady and precise just like a big one. You can park it over your head and use it to cool off or keep bugs away. :) You can even do a fully-capable <50g FPV machine with it, like Steve has.

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 pm

kinderkram

Postby DUKE40 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 pm

@kinderkram,

flight time with 600mAh lipos? I am planing my first hexa based on the M4, M4 is already on its way to me and some other stuff like KISS ESCs, motors and props, but the frame will have to wait a little bit, as Flyduino is overhauling the design of the NanoHexa so it wont be available before end of Q1 2015 :(
Still have a few other things to do like Thrust measurement of the motor prop combination, building a Spektrum Tx module for my Graupner mx-20 HoTT so I do not need to use an additional receiver on the hexa.
But I am really eager to see it flying.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby el-dentiste » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 pm

HI
today i got my M4 from Jussi. thanks for that jussi :)
i wait for the adapterboard from Joerg and than i try to build up a Mini H frame like Menno.
will see if it works :)
el-dentiste

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby DUKE40 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:36 am

No I don't not build it from scratch, I do not have the knowledge required. I will either use an arduino and a module from a DX6 or I will Orange Module and adapt it, as it needs some adaptation.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby funkjan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm

again thx - what I think, beside the obvious flying fun you all describe here :), is a strong argument for the Ladybird build is to get in touch with AQ and learn to know the system with a real limited effort - because after that build I would love to get the most beautiful Tricopter frame, what I own already for 2 years, with a M4 (if possible and sb. helps with the mixer) airborne - discovered already the Tricopter thread and will post there!
funkjan

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:42 am

I have another question, on the M4 v2 for the antenna for the onboard receiver there is no soldering pad anymore, but a connector like the one for the GPS antenna. Where do I get an antenna with such a connector? Would a Spektrum Tx antenna do the job? I could take only the cable of it, removing the hard plastic around it, but would it work?
Best regards,
DUKE40

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad M4 Micro Controller