[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

Post your build logs here

Re: CamCruiser reloaded - M4 + Quatos

Postby LPR » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 am

Joerg

There's not as much to change as with PIDs. Quatos_M_TLT_RT does make a tremendous difference in how fast your quad will tilt. Quatos_M_YAW increase can make your quad spin like a top. I find that the default setting work well in APH but with manual flight I've gone up to 10 on tilt and yaw rate. Of course you need to increase Quatos_M_output also.
In manual flight you can increase the pitch and roll RC scale factor and use expo in you Tx to get some really fast tilt up to 180 degrees. Quite fun but not very practical unless your wanting to build a sport racer. I found you can do a flip if you have a Taranis but it's complicated to setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvJ-upF9Uo

I'd like to see someone build a M4 250 H quad and see how well you could fly using the new AH flight mode.

Have fun playing with the setting. Once you get all the motors working together the sky's the limit with Quatos.

Larry
LPR

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:11 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 am

Don't want to bore you to death --> that's why I only uploaded a few snippets from yesterdays flight.
Shows PH mode and flying in manual. Performance is not bad but I will tune her a little more.
Most important: she needs to get FASTER 8-) :lol:

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Tue May 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Although not fully finished with the tuning when using Graupner e-Props I'm getting prepared for changing to other props.

Got a set of T-Motor Beech Wood 13x6.5 props and the mating prop adapters PA039. Here are the 'weight watchers pictures'.
Compared with the e-Prop setup the larger wooden prop will add 4x8g = 32g (total) in weight :lol:
SANY0001.JPG
PA039 BW prop adapter set

SANY0006.JPG
Self-locking adapter has the same weight as standard prop adapters

SANY0003.JPG
13x6.5 BW prop - it is 8g heavier as the e-Prop + adapter ring

Next: calibrating the ESC32 and thrust curve measurement
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Some more pictures of the components. I'm refining my .xml file, now the landing gear is compromised of 4 different units: 2 landing skids and 2 mounts.
SANY0007.JPG
T-Rex 600 landing gear mount

SANY0008.JPG
T-Rex 600 landing skid
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed May 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Thanks to Fred we now have a tool which allows to visualize a QUATOS xml-File in 3D. The whole story is in this thread viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4456.
This 3D view is VERY helpful for finding errors in your .xml file and also gives you some ideas if/what to further detail in the xml.

Here's an example from the latest revision of my Camcruiser with Custom mixer
3r0c_3D model.JPG
CamCruiser 3D model - generated from 3r0c.xml file

3r0c.xml
Latest xml-file with custom mixer. Will test this and a version with a standard quad-x mixer to see which one suits best/I like more
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 978 times

Here's a 3D PDF-file from the model. Try the transparency option - great help when you're looking for errors!
3r0c.pdf
CamCruiser 3r0c 3D-model
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 958 times

I've slightly modified the wrl-file generated by Fred's tool (recoloring/renaming of cubes) and exported the 3D pdf file by using a software called 3D-Tool (http://www.3d-tool.com)
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat May 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Just finished the ESC32V2 calibration/thrust measurement for the BeechWood props.
I hit a problem there: The PA039 don't fit the Tarot!!! There is no such problem with PA017 and PA024 (used to mount the e-Props)!

So, looks like I need to make a 0.8 - 1mm spacer to place under PA039.
SANY0009.JPG
PA039 prop adapter do not fit on Tarot 4006! There is a spacer needed to fill the gap.

For the calibration I've used some CPC001 (http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/O ... 4/154.html). This works, but they are 2.3mm thick.
Attachments
Prop-Spacer.dxf.zip
(902 Bytes) Downloaded 899 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 am

... Spacer mounted! They were milled from 1mm CFK (thanks Christof!)
SANY0025.jpg

SANY0026.jpg

Here are the results from the ESC32V2 calibration for the T-Motor BWprops 13x6.5
esc32_T4006_21A-19A-21KHz_BW1365.txt
ESC32V2 parameter file for Tarot 4006 + BWprop 13x6.5
(911 Bytes) Downloaded 991 times

For those of you interested in 'the full picture' - the RPM2VOLTAGE and CURRENTLIMITER_RESULT files:
RPMTOVOLTAGE_RESULT.txt
Results of RPM2Voltage calibration
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 891 times
CURRENTLIMITER_RESULT.txt
Result of virtual current limiter calibration
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 914 times

BW 13x65 - Thrust curve.jpg
Thrust curve for this combination

thrustTorqueCalc_t4006_BW1365.xls
and the numbers - Spread sheet includes info on A1 and A2 QUATOS therm along with all other relevant data!
(13.5 KiB) Downloaded 961 times

TO DO: FLIGHT TEST :lol:
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby JussiH » Sat May 23, 2015 8:54 pm

After having built the IronMan copter for SDU, I have to say that I am less than impressed with Tarot motors. Out of 8 motors, 6 had to be adjusted to remove axle slop and 2 had to have bearings replaced right out of the box. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the winding is inconsistant so that actual KV is wildly varying, but I havent had time to do more testing there.

The Tarot CF props is a joke too. They "look" like tigers, but the quality and finish is horrible. Im pretty sure that they dont deliver equal thrust - which is something that will make it very hard to tune Quatos.

The IronMan frame is reasonably nice, but the motors let it down.
JussiH

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun May 24, 2015 8:07 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs