[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Post your build logs here

Re: CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 am

Hi,

well, I think this 'magic' (or not) SRXL-bus needs some further 'digging through', that''s why we should discuss all related issues to this in this thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2931

I will only report results here!

@Tobi: Didn't wanted to bother you with all this dirty 'RC guts', but since I want to have a reliable radio link it's (somehow) part of my build log too. So here's some more 'hands on' :D

Started with building the frame main section yesterday (weather was good -> go out and play (ähm FLY)).

SANY0326.JPG
Detail shot of a short brace. The short extension (as seen on this picture) is always facing inwards.

SANY0327.JPG
Front braces mounted. I've used a small rubber hammer to mount them. The slots are very tight to keep the frame as stiff as possible.

SANY0328.JPG
Ensure the braces were flat.

SANY0330.JPG
Mounted the rest of the braces. The (round) hole in the side braces is located at the frames center of gravity,
The standoffs were in place as well.

Made some measurements:

SANY0331.JPG
The internal body width is around 96mm.

SANY0332.JPG
Main compartment length is around 195mm.

Time to start with assembling the arm's. The tube clamp's closed side needs to be were the hole is (feeding the motor wires through). The screw must be accessible from the top. I didn't pay attention to this on one arm!

SANY0335.JPG
Lower arm was assembled incorrectly! Nut is on the wrong side --> mounting the arm is impossible! The arm clamps were not symmetrical!

SANY0333.JPG
The clamp (center of the the axis!) on the frontal - 250mm - arms is at 69mm measured from the end.
Check the orientation before tightening the screw.

SANY0334.JPG
Both frontal arm in place. The digital caliper was locked, so both measurements were identical.
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 am

Thank you for the update :) no problem about the radio stuff. That needs to be done for sure. Although I'd do this at the very end :D

I'm especially interested in the wiring and if the AQ likes to be near all that. I guess an external mag would make things more easier.

I like your style of reporting so keep it up :)

Greetings,
Tobi
Cookiemonsta

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Attachments
SANY0287.JPG
GNNS Seeker - DGPS + Sensor platform
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Back to topic!

Assembled the rear arms today.

SANY0339.JPG
The clamp (center of the the axis!) on the aft - 305mm - arms is at 62mm measured from the end.
Again, check the orientation before tightening the screw.

SANY0343.JPG
Test-fitting rear arms.

SANY0344.JPG
Overview shot with all arms in place.

Next, the motor mounts needs to be assembled. As mentioned earlier, I will not use the small parts coming with the quad. I will use some Adafruit NeoPixel Sticks (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1426) as orientation/status lights, so I constructed a new lower motor mount plate for them.
More info on this to follow. I will also upload a .dxf-file of the mounting plate.

SANY0346.JPG
Pictured to the left were the original motor mount components. The new lower mounting plate can be seen to the right.

SANY0348.JPG
Original (left) and 'modded' motor mount (right).

SANY0350.JPG
Underside of the original and modded motor mount.

SANY0351.JPG
My motor mounts. Make shire the slots on the arm shells were on opposite sites.

Maybe copter4you.de will carry them as spare parts in the future, So - if you want/need some simply ask them!

SANY0355.JPG
I got arms!

Next comes GPS hood assembly, and some 'map exercise' were to place the ESC32 and their cap array.
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Looking good, I have ordered my frame. I just wonder about how well the gimbal mount plate on the front will work. From looking at it, I was thinking it may be a good idea to extend the fpv cam mount plate on the top so that it can be attached to the bottom gimbal mount plate with a couple of standoffs. This would distribute the load of the gimbal tray across 6 dampers rather than 3 and stop it from wobbling while still keeping it isolated.

I'm also planning to make the gimbal interchangeable so that I can mount a canon s100 on the front as a better quality cam for stills when needed. I'm not sure what the quality of the s100 video is like yet, but hopefully it'll be acceptable too.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 am

Hi,

there's another - german - thread in the MK Forum here: http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-44477-1.html
It also has some detail pics of the gimbal/camera mount.

In addition, you will find some video with onboard footage there.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Started building the GPS ground plane. Since I have 2 Autoquad boards I assembled 2 GPS ground planes in different configurations.

- one from Flyduino (my own design, slightly modified by Paul for production) - http://flyduino.net/Groundplane-for-GPS
- one MK GPS shield (https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.p ... f61c8d062f)

The tape seen on the pictures is masking tape (Malerkrepp).

SANY0319.JPG
Flyduino GPS groundplane

SANY0320.JPG
Tape the sides to the center piece

SANY0321.JPG
Now tape the sides - view from inside

SANY0322.JPG
Flyduino Autoquad GPS ground plane ready for soldering

SANY0323.JPG
Same procedure for the MK GPS shield

SANY0324.JPG
Both shield side by side - ready for soldering

SANY0357.JPG
Finished GPS shields (cleaned after soldering with Aceton to remove flux)

SANY0359.JPG
Soldered GPS shields - seen from inside

SANY0360.JPG
GPS antennas: 25x25mm (left) and 35x35mm (right).

SANY0361.JPG
35mm antenna on Autoquad GPS shield.
Hole for antenna wire will be re-located (to the outside) and needs to have a diameter of 3.5mm for feeding the connector through.

The MK shield is lighter (weight) than the Autoquad GPS shield.
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Nice comparison ;)
So now it's getting interesting, well...more interesting ;)
I'm curious how you'll install the electronics in it.

So keep it up :D
Cookiemonsta

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Attachments
SANY0374.JPG
3.5mm connectors added to the ESC32
SANY0373.JPG
... a little bit of 'wire origami'
SANY0372.JPG
SANY0371.JPG
SANY0370.JPG
SANY0369.JPG
CAN Transceiver and Cap mounted to the ESC32
SANY0367.JPG
ESC32, CAN transceiver, load (2x 470µF/35V) and decoupling cap (0.1µF/50V, 0603) and 5mm LED holder
SANY0379.JPG
Detail shot - showing the ESC32 cap placement (2x 470µF/35V)
SANY0378.JPG
Components overview
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Cookiemonsta » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 pm

As I'm also searching for parts for my next foldable quad built I came up with this config:
-MN3110-17 700KV
-UltraESC 20A
-TM 12x5.5'' CF Props
-4s 5000mah 30C (dirt cheap :D)

...that should give me around 14min flighttime. Still not very much for 5000mah but hey for that price ;)
what do you think?

Did you already test the whole combination with motors etc. and look for the mag?
Aren't those ESC32 on the back quite near to the AQ?
I wouldn't use bullet connectors anywhere between motors and esc as I read that this combination tends to do be troublesome...did you do this on every machine you've built?

Beste Grüße ;)
Cookiemonsta

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs