[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Post your build logs here

Re: CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 am

Looking very good!

Cant wait for the inflight videos of your gimbal should work well.

Have you managed to test the CAN breakout board in its entirety? If so are you able to share via OshPark and the BOM as well please, very keen to try this one

Good work as always
Jdmagoo

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 am

Yep that is looking really nice. I'll have to see if I can sweet talk my friend into cnc'ing me one of your gimbals up!
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:03 pm

The Mav2Telem+CAN+LED+DCD/DC is mounted in the copter. ESCs were flashed to r54.
SANY0146.JPG

SANY0145.JPG
Missed to provide a footprint for a CAN bus termination resistor :-(

I've added a 150Ohm resistor on the CAN bus giving a total resistance of around 66Ohm on the bus.

Spektrum Telemetry is working (work in progress by Menno), CAN bus is operable and LED signaling is running --> board is verified (although HOTT and Current sensor were not tested; but since this is only 'a connector' they should work too).
Will uploaded the corrected board files (added a 0603 and 0805 footprint on the CAN bus) to OshPark and the schematic/BOM here soon.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:44 am

Jdmagoo

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi,

added the board to my shared OshPark Projects http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/w3HX6HVF
CAN0r2_top.png
TOP view
CAN0r2_top.png (109.05 KiB) Viewed 16167 times

CAN0r2_bot.png
BOTTOM view
CAN0r2_bot.png (123.27 KiB) Viewed 16167 times

And here's all related info (incl. Schematic/BOM):
CAN_LED-0r2_Docu.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 852 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi,

after all that building/developing/testing/ ... it's time to see how she performs!

Flashed to r381 Firmware (parameters all cleared to default), TARE executed --> flying!

She will now receive some 'extra care' when it comes to PID tuning.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Looking very good!

When you do your tuning can you please post what PIDS you've adjusted and why, just as you have with NAV_ALT_SPEED_I.

As good as my hexa is, it does very slowly move up and down whilst in AH/PH and not sure what PID to adjust.

Keep up the good work

James
Jdmagoo

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 am

Just for your information: Designed a custom PCB for WS2812B LEDs.
Boards will be ordered by mid of this week --> if somebody is interested in pls let me know.

Rgds
Joerg

EDIT:
Started sharing a 2pcs panel on OshPark (http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/XN2xu6ry) --> when ordering there you will get 6 PCBs which is two pieces spare.
BOM is available on the OshPark project page.
top_2pcs-panel.png
CamCruiser IntelliLED mounts - top view of 2pcs panel as shared on OshPark
top_2pcs-panel.png (95.62 KiB) Viewed 16054 times

bot_2pcs-panel.png
CamCruiser IntelliLED mounts - bottom view of 2pcs panel as shared on OshPark
bot_2pcs-panel.png (59.55 KiB) Viewed 16054 times
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue May 06, 2014 8:03 am

That looks good Joerg, I'm interested in a set.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 21, 2014 6:16 am

Hi Joerg, what mixer values did you end up using for your camcruiser?

I've finally installed the DIMU on my one, but I can't get it to fly as smoothly as it did with the AIMU. I'm geting some pulsing of the motors in manual mode, but my ACC graphs aren't showing excessive vibration. I think the mixer could be one of the things I need to look at.

I have been running +/-100 for pitch and +/-90 for roll, but just did a test using 75, 100, and 60. The motor output changes the most between them. Which graph one is the best to aim for? The 75 one looks to be quite spread, but not clipping like the 100 is. I don't know which is better though!

Motor output:

Pitch:

Roll:
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs