[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Post your build logs here

Re: CamCruiser FPV folding quad - Autoquad goes FPV

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Had my maid in the freezer for static logging.
I also want to show you the results here. I know they are not perfect, but I keep them since I will need to do another 'freezer run' once the DIMU shows up. Yes, raw data, need to be trimmed!
face1_temp.jpg
1. Freeze: Temp
face1_temp.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face1_gyro.jpg
1. Freeze: Gyro
face1_gyro.jpg (52.11 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face1_acc.jpg
1. Freeze: ACC
face1_acc.jpg (44.68 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face1_mag.jpg
1. Freeze: MAG
face1_mag.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face2_temp.jpg
2. Freeze: Temp
face2_temp.jpg (41.33 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face2_gyro.jpg
2. Freeze: Gyro
face2_gyro.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face2_acc.jpg
2. Freeze: ACC
face2_acc.jpg (43.28 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face2_mag.jpg
2. Freeze: MAG
face2_mag.jpg (51.84 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face3_temp.jpg
3. Freeze: Temp
face3_temp.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face3_gyro.jpg
3. Freeze: Gyro
face3_gyro.jpg (62.79 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face3_acc.jpg
3. Freeze: ACC
face3_acc.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 14179 times

face3_mag.jpg
3. Freeze: MAG
face3_mag.jpg (50.99 KiB) Viewed 14179 times
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby bluuu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm

run 1 and 2 is ok
repeat third run
Before putting those file to calibration cut first and end 5 seconds of log.
bluuu

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:15 am

Hi,

a little more news on the build process:
SANY0001.JPG
Added 2 new holes to the motor mounting plate at 25mm diameter. Now the motor can be screwed on using 4 screws instead of only 2.

SANY0005.JPG
Nearly finished ESC32 - only the CAN connection wire and some clear heat shrink on the logic part ist missing.
I've used Plasti Dip Liquid Rubber for isolating the leads.

Links:
http://www.plastidip-shop.de/index.php/ ... tidip.html
http://www.plastidip-shop.de/index.php/ ... ation.html
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:14 am

My frame turned up today and I've started putting it together.

What are you planning to do for your PDB? Have you decided where you'll mount your fpv tx/telemetry radio?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:16 am

Hi Glenn,

I've mad e a small drawing were to locate the components.
components location.jpg
planned RX, PDB location

I will also have a TM1000 Spektrum telemetry under the frame. The FPV gear will go to the front compartment.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks for that Joerg.

I was going a little bit crazy trying to figure out where to place my ESCs, and ended up with two of them up front where you put your ones, but I also put the other two on the outside of the compartment. This let me put the PDB underneath the frame below the gimbal board and keeps the DC wiring quite short (other than the battery lead).

I will also need to find some spacers to join the two dampened gimbal plates together as I can't seem to see any spares that came with the kit.

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi Glenn,

wow! You're really fast! I can't keep up with that speed :oops:

Be shure to add some zip ties for keeping the motor leads in place.
SANY0327.jpg
Zip tie locations

Feed them through the small rectangular holes seen on the pic (above the lower frame plate). Then fasten them to prevent moving of the wires.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 am

Finished the wiring and it all checks out. I must admit this is a very clean looking frame when you put CF props on it! Next step is to rework the small gimbal to be a bit lower where it mounts, and get some 50mm spacers to join the two gimbal platforms.

It's ready for the dynamic cal now. I have a smaller GPS ground plane on there for now which fits through the gap in the top plate. I will need to cut a hole in the fibreglass plate for it to sit flat. I only had a very short GPS antenna cable so taking the top off would be a pain if it was attached to the top plate. Hopefully the GPS performance doesn't suffer too much, but I will see how it goes. Getting the sd card out is going to be a pain since access isn't good back there.

The landing gear needs a bit of work. The bottom nuts aren't held well in the skids and are difficult to do up unless you reverse them. I might just epoxy the nuts into the skids.

There's a small amount of flex through the center of the frame if you rest the front arms on the table and lift each rear leg, but hopefully not enough to cause handling problems.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs