[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby boriss » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:37 am

One more option Termax is in Vienna. Gonna ask him if a calibration at his place it possible with his method.
boriss

Postby boriss » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

okay another freezer logging attempt.

gyros are different since the last 10 20 temps now hmm ? also in the dry runs.

ACC Horz

1HorizonalACCsmall.jpg
1HorizonalACCsmall.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 62559 times

Gyro Horz

1HorizontalGyrosmall.jpg
1HorizontalGyrosmall.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 62559 times

Mags Horz

1horizontalMagssmall.jpg
1horizontalMagssmall.jpg (78.63 KiB) Viewed 62559 times

Temps Horz

1HorizonalTempssmall.jpg
1HorizonalTempssmall.jpg (73.04 KiB) Viewed 62559 times
boriss

Postby JussiH » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Boris, I am running out of suggestions for things you can try. But here is a few more...

I am still pretty sure its something in your environment...static buildup in the insulation and/or expansion/contractions of the board as temperature changes is the best suggestions so far. Possible solutions is to try smaller temp range and other types of insulation/container - I know Bill uses only a tight fitting container made from styrofoam with the board mounted on plastic standoffs inside. I think that is possibly a better solution since the styrofoam wont absorb much moisture from the air. Sound isolation foam and mattress-foam may in some cases absorb a lot moisture from the air.

The board itself can also absorb moisture from the air in extremely humid environments. You can dry it out by placing it somewhere warm (up to 55C) and dry for a few days. The one I drowned and soaked in a pond for 24 hours was dried out on top of my wood-fired stove in a ceramic ovendish at 50-55C for 3 days, and it worked after replacing the pressure sensor.

You are letting it heat for 90 minutes, try 60 minutes or use a larger container/less insulation to slow the heating.

I am gonna research the board you sent back, but initial testing and drylogging of that board did not reveal anything wrong with it. I will see if I can generate temp compensation files for that board - if I succeed, we can exchange boards again. But it will take some time, since I am hanged up until middle of next week.

However, the file shown in the above file might still work for the temperature compensation, since the noise is pretty steady. The ones with just magnetometer noise could maybe also work for the same reason. You can see if a cal run with those is able to flatten out the sensor curves.

You can make temp calibration work with just 1 level file, so if you can manage to get a decent one, you should be able to generate a good result still - at least then you can progress with it...
JussiH

Postby boriss » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 am

HI Jussi,

Thanks for your suggestions ! luckily I got in contact with Teramax who is in Vienna and also has a board already in the air. We will try a run at his place to get the info if its something in my environment or not. I really hope it is so i get a second wave of motivation to carry on and find the source of the problem.

Thanks for the offer to send back the first board calibrated for me. Lets talk about it when i posted the results we got at Teramaxs place. I would prefer to do it all on my own since thats the point of the whole exercise. If the results at Termax's place suggest that something might be wrong with the board we can conclude what to do from there.

Thanks a lot for all the help to you and everyone else !

Boris
boriss

Postby JussiH » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 am

Boris, we are here to help, and I know it can be frustrating trying to root out problems in the calibration procedure. You sure had your share of issues, and I hope you are not too discouraged by it...thanks for beeing a good sport about it.

Rest assured that if the problems persist, we will replace the board with one that includes files for temp-compensation.
JussiH

Postby teramax » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 am

OK, i´ got BorisS board here for calibration, finished first run -flat (logging time ~ 1 hour)
Small tupperware container with rice and Depron (Selitron) termal seal and foam so the board can sleep well and soft the next hours.
Please experts out there, judge.

imo this is a log he can use for calculation, thougt

Marcus
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby JussiH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am

That is a very acceptable file, you should be able to generate a result with that...
JussiH

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:20 am

Marcus thanks a lot. I really think now that it must have been the wiring of the train tracks close to my house and the house of my girl friends place, the second spot location wise i tried it at. After seeing yours flying so nicely yesterday i am really motivated to get into the air. Think i am going to get a test frame from fly duino before i put it on the tbs mod.

Thanks again !
boriss

Postby teramax » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 am

3 clean LOG´s ready for you my friend.
Now i calibrated the third board without spikes, glitches and so on.........
Sometimes there are circumstances around us we wont notice but the AQ does.
Should open a calibration service, thought ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby kinderkram » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 am

On our agenda: a tool to find the perfect place for the calibrations :D

kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs