[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby Max » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:07 am

Yea the Mac version doesn't have the calculation programs. And it was using an old version of the AQ widget as well. Hopefully we'll have that someday soon though.

Those mag plots look an awful lot like the other ones... strange. You could try just logging for a bit in different spots w/out freezing it first, just to get an idea of the magnetic environment. If it's the same everywhere in your house, then perhaps it's something else about your setup that is influencing it... Or you have to move. :lol: Ultimately I'm not sure how big a deal those disturbances are. Probably not that bad.

Out of curiosity, you could try graphing the mag volts and see what they're doing. Those are LOG_VOLTAGE3, 4, & 5.

-Max
Max

Postby boriss » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 am

Japp just thought about doing the logging in the garden. And having a pelicase around the plastic box to protect everything. Think that would give me a quick answer were the problem is !

Next run is finished in 20 min lets see what comes out and I will post the mag volts

Thanks !

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:32 am

Voltage 3 log from the previous logging attempt with the bad mag results ? No clue what it means :)

Voltage3.JPG
boriss

Postby Max » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 am

Jussi is the expert on what to expect from the voltages I think, but that looks good to me based on what I've read of his findings and my own logs. Mine are a tiny bit flatter on top/bottom, but that makes sense given the mag readings. Let's see what your garden results produce. Good idea, BTW, I know Steve (aka Kisssys) has a special spot in his yard for calibrations, well away from all magnetic influences.

-Max
Max

Postby boriss » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Okay guys. I am struggling a little :( Have 9 logs attempts behind me and i just can't get it perfect.

Last attempt now outside in this box away from anything !

boxlog.JPG

Temps are really strange. Outside temps are 10 C, board and static bag are warm after logging. Are these Y Axis numbers actually Celsius ?

outsidetemps.JPG

Inside also i can't get more than 22 C even if I let the logging go on for 80 mins. Or is it the blue line that states the right temps ?

insidetemps.JPG

Now Mag i just can't get it right. These are the outside results:

Outsidemag.JPG

These are the best results i got inside in the fireplace, in this run the ACC logs were crap. But in the following attempts i could not replicate the good MAG results ?

bestmag.JPG

Any inputs were I could still be messing up ?
boriss

Postby Asaad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Temperature reading is actually in Celsius but the sensors are not calibrated. Anyway, all you care about is the first line (Temp0) because it's the real temperature sensor, the others are sensors inside the gyro. You magnetometer noise might be either from cars passing nearby or from power cables. Why your acc logs were terrible in the fireplace? Do you have an AC
running? Vibrations move faster through solid bodies and the fireplace is usually built with stone.
Asaad

Postby boriss » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

That time it was a glitch from condensation ! But i can't replicate the good MAG results anyways. Just giving it another try in the garden again !

No AC nothing running. I shut down the whole apparent nothing running and I am hiding on the furthest away room reading and waiting for an hour :) Lets see what happens in one hour. Hope this time i really have a good spot !

Thanks !

Boris
boriss

Postby boriss » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Okay i am going to stick to these logs for the static just can't get the mags better. Also compared to other MAG logs from other people and figured that my Y axis has a smaller range thus the my MAG curves look more unstable but i guess its not the case. I hope they are fine this way ?

Thanks

Boris

ACC DOWN,UP,HOR

MAG DOWN,UP,HOR

RATE DOWN,UP,HOR

TEMPS DOWN,UP,HOR
boriss

Postby boriss » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 am

Little set back my board had some issues ! Thanks Jussi for taking care of me and sorting things out !!!

In the meantime I setup a XBee to Xbee connection and than breaking out to a bluetooth module in order to get my Nexus 7 to show telementy, which i think it very cool.

Than another set back the guy who should have done the arms for me needed ages to send out the estimation what things will cost. Eventually he wants around 150 Euro per arm and i told him he can forget about it.

Instead I took things in my own hands and start to design and module the arms plus landing gear etc. Hope to get the final touches done on the weekend and send things of to another CNC guy. Some alignments are not right yet and the legs of the lading ear will be joined to each other at the end.

Should have never started to with the Rhino feel like i should do the whole copter now.

persmall.jpg
persmall.jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 66280 times

per2small.jpg
per2small.jpg (40.03 KiB) Viewed 66280 times

per1small.jpg
per1small.jpg (62.64 KiB) Viewed 66280 times
boriss

Postby kinderkram » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Boris,
1 problem I do see there is: how do you mount the second motor once the first one is attached on one arm?
You'll need a solution where you mount the motors on separate plates first and then attach these 2 plates to the arm.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs