[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am

JussiH

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 am

Japp the above tries are from the class 4 card and no problem logging with it.

Just did the video i also show two of the three cards at the end.

boriss

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 am

Boris, just to be clear - this is the exact same problem as was seen on the board that you sent back, right?

I have been digging back into this thread and it looks very similar... If that is the case, then it has to be something in your setup.

Your method looks good to me and you dont need to hide or close down everything in your appartment... ;) There is good distance to electrical stuff, so that is probably not your problem. Also the fact that you can repeat it in the garden points to that not beeing the problem...

Your power cable is quite long and that could possibly be the source of the noise. I would start by cutting that down and twisting it. The battery can sit very close to the board, and you dont need to "copper-clad" it. In theory that can also give eddy-currents in the copper, but that would be a highly unlikely guess....

I normally use a 460 mA 3S and a short (<20cm), twisted wire.....but I have also done calibration with a 2200 3S and not seen adverse affects.

Am I to understand that you are using a car lightbulb as a fuse? That will also add noise together with the long wire.

Otherwise, please try to just let the board sit on a table outside the container and ziploc bag for a while and see if you can reproduce the mag noise. Try and do some error finding by eleminating elements of your process..try another bag, no bag, other container, no container etc...
JussiH

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am

Okay got it or on the right way. Just did a quick and dirty on the table infront of me with a short twisted lipo cable no zip bag everything on tv, on smoking a cig not hiding :) and the mag logs are clean :)

Gonna check now which component actually caused the noise, just to have the info and help others.

No fuse in the setup !

Thanks Jussi I seem to be on the right track now !
boriss

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 am

Im glad to hear that. Sometimes its the smallest things that can cause trouble. I suspect that the bord that was replaced did not have any problems, but i have not had time to look closer at it yet. Will Look at it this week.

Please let us know when you find the cause, so we can note it in the wiki.
JussiH

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 am

well i am scratching my head at the moment adding components step by step of the usual setup and than logging to see which component could cause the issue, i can't replicate the mag noise at the moment. It seems to be that one of the components gets effected by being frozen. Strange Ill try another run. Getting these all of a sudden which i think are the way they should be.

drylogmall.jpg
drylogmall.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 53652 times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye9752mdwxmfnxl/drylog.JPG
boriss

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

okay the confusion carries on :)

after not being able to replicate the noise in the MAG logs without the variable temperature I though lets try it out, freeze the boards and back into the envoriment/setup that worked before, in the dry runs.

The results direkt out of the freezer :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzzji3hu91g62tv/freezing.JPG

The results directly after the previous run. The board was already at room temperature and I just initiated logging again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upictc09ymjjv ... eezing.JPG

Than the board rested a couple hours and I start logging again without any changes to the setup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d57al4o8z79t2hd/drylog2.JPG

So i can only imagine that temperature and the gradual increase is acting upon one of the components or my calibration setup or the board ? Why though the logging attempt after the board reached room temperature also returned with MAGs noise and than the logging attempt were the board rested a couple hours ruterns with no noise on the logs i can't explain.

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Show the mag voltages (3, 4 , 5) from the freezer one and from the one after a restart after a few hours
Jessestr

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 pm

okay:

Voltage 3 4 5 after logging directly out of the freezer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrprvgdf1z9q8 ... freeze.JPG

Voltage after reboot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l53f47sqtk6xl ... freeze.JPG

In both cases mags were not exceptable, first two mag logs from my previous post.
----------

Voltage after longer period of no action and reboot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6g4qeu4ntm0x ... freeze.JPG

And anther longer logging attempt with ok mag results. Had to split it in two pics since one of the reading cover the rest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xktdedziky6ak ... onger1.JPG

and

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu46nvjknbiii ... onger2.JPG

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby Jessestr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm

There's a difference but the wiki says it okay.. Could be temperature difference too..
Now this problem is over my capabilities.. Still on high school learning electronics.. Maybe someone else can jump in.. Sorry
Jessestr

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs