[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Post your build logs here

Re: Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

Postby Jessestr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:56 am

I got an Ultra 8GB and works fine.
Jessestr

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm

How strange it might sound or actually be, there is an issue with using the 32gb sandisk. used a 4gb trans card today only class 4 and up to now the board is booting every time and also logging.

Boris
boriss

Postby Jessestr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Good, very good.. I'm glad you know the problem!
Hope you have with with the AQ.. Don't understand theproblem myself from the SC cards as I'm new to AQ.

Just installing crossworks for developing for the AQ. Will check the sd card code...Can't promise anything
Jessestr

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

okay two calibration runs worked, Mags dont seem to be good enough, temps are better to the ones before, I think.
Although I am not sure about the mags if i look at other mag logs from other user the Y range is much smaller when it comes to my logs. The fluctuations in my case for the single line seem to stay in 0.05 ist that okay ?

If not please tell me. I will be doing a video showing every component involed and the procedure/place etc when i do the static calibration maybe you guys can find something !

(Edit) ACC and Gyro are fine. Clean ACC not glitches only arround 200.000 small booble the usual one sees.

mags up & mags down :
Link to full Jpg underneath

obenMAGsmall.jpg
obenMAGsmall.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 52969 times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dst8gvp4zw05h04/obenMAGs.JPG

untenMAGssmall.jpg
untenMAGssmall.jpg (37.86 KiB) Viewed 52969 times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozyabpyfhg3q2uw/untenMAGs.JPG

Temps up & temps down:
Link to full Jpg underneath

obenTemps.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz49hre2y83hw9h/obenTemps.JPG

untenTemps.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9bnm4c39tmal ... nTemps.JPG
boriss

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm

boriss

Postby JussiH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, those fluctuations are not good news. Is it the same axises that is acting up in both runs? (tip: the nevest 1.05 QGCwidget has color legend in the logviewer).

It looks to me like the noise is very similar on both axises affected, indicating it comes from the same source. Apart from it beeing problems with the X/Y mag itself, sources of such noise could be the power wire to the battery running too close to the mags or noise coming from the uSD card reader circuit.

uSD card operation can use a substantial amount of power and can also be a source of noise in the rest of the circuit. It depends also on the class and size of the card. Higher speed and size usually means more power, and manufactorers specs vary greatly. Sandisk list max 200mA for write operation @ 3.3V, in 50 Mhz mode but that may be outdated, since the product manual was last updated in 2007:

http://www.altec-computersysteme.com/do ... M_v2.2.pdf

Section 2.1

If this is actually true, we may be pushing the 150mA LDO that is supplying the uSD circuit. I have never used bigger than 8GB/C10 or seen this problem myself, but the earlier post about board not booting with a 32GB card could maybe be explained with that card drawing too much power...but its a guess, I dont have any facts to back it up, or a 32GB card to try out.

We also know that uSD card thickness vary greatly between manufactorers (I have seen from 0.65mm up to 0.82 mm). This means that thinner (<0.70mm) cards can have poor contact with the terminals, and in theory also increase power consumption. If you have a very thin card, it can be a good idea to glue a piece of thin plastic (tape) to the logo side to make it 0.75 - 0.8 mm thick. This will make it lock better into the slot and give better contact.

I guess what I am saying is, that you should try another card, and look at your wiring...just to make sure the noise is not coming from there.
JussiH

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Just check once more, in both cases its the x and y mags acting out.

I will do the following I will mod the power cable. Make a long Cat 8 shielded cable, think that could help.

Can you recommend a specific SD card, i will get that one and not test arround anymore.

But still will make a video tomorrow showing all the steps to see if you guys can find something else that could be the issue !

Thanks

Boris
boriss

Postby JussiH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm

I currently use class 10 SanDisk mobile ultra 4GB and 8GB and a Transcend class 10/8GB, they all work for me - what are you using now?

Pls post that video, that always makes it easier for us to help...
JussiH

Postby boriss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 pm

This was the first one I used on the board with the temp issues.

http://www.hama.at/00108084/hama-micros ... archMode=1

No logging issues, but I remember the board didn't want to boot a couple times when it was inserted. Eventually the problem stopped.

Now with the new board I used

Sandisk ultra mobile 32 GB class 10

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007JTK ... izhals1-21

Awkward behavior of the board didn't boot and 0kb files were written. 2 out of ten times testing it it produced a usable log. Eventually board didn't boot at all anymore with or without SD card inserted hab to reflash the board. Mags weren't clean.

Last tries now with a sandisk 4gb micro SD hc class 4. Logging no problem and board always booted with it.
boriss

Postby boriss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am

okay final arm design makes more sense. Normal motors mounting is possible and coax setup with these little mounting crosses that come along with the motors. Less weight and costs than producing own mooting plates. This should do it !

finalsmall.jpg
finalsmall.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 52944 times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy4byfe7ezy6evm/finalarm.jpg
boriss

PreviousNext

Return to Build Logs