[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motor glitches with Horyzon cam

Motor glitches with Horyzon cam

AutoQuad AV/AP settings, gimbal & servo choices

Motor glitches with Horyzon cam

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi!

I just mounted my horyzon cam from foxtech on my quad to test it with the AQ controler. It is known, that the cam interferes with 433mhz control systems but it seems to disturb the autoquad/esc32, too.

If I fly with recording cam there are quite much glitches from the engines...
In this vid you can hear the glitches... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112771/Film.mp4

I mounted the UHF shield from foxtech for the cam but the glitches are still there.

Here is a log file, where I moved the powered camera over the flightcontrol and esc https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112771/001-AQL.LOG

the camera is powerd by the receiver, which is powered by the AQ. When I switch the cam off the glitches are gone.
Maybe anyone can see something in the log file...

Bye
Boris
CaptainPlanetHD

Re: Motor glitches with Horyzon cam

Postby Jessestr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm

I reviewed the HoryzonHD for Foxtech.. It has extreme UHF disturbance.

Did you redo the dynamic calibration (calibso) after mounting the camera?

Jesse
Jessestr

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Jesse,
thanks for your reply! No, I did not do calibso again after mounting the camera. I hoped that mounting the UHF shild would be enough to solve the problem but as mentioned it did not.

I am wondering if the UHF disturbance effects on the flight control or the ESC; the display oth the camera is mounted directly over 2 ESC...

Boris
CaptainPlanetHD

Postby mr_westie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

mr_westie

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:28 pm

yes, my rx was connected! and I already flew the cam with some plane and another copter without rx problems... just now together with my autoquad i could see these problems.
in which graphs can i see the interference when i am looking at the log file?

Thanks
Boris
CaptainPlanetHD

Postby Jessestr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Jessestr

Postby Max » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 am

If it's that noisy, get the power feed away from your Rx, AQ, and maybe even your flight battery altogether. Or at least a separate BEC with a filter, just for the cam. Connecting wires to a noisy device is like opening a direct pipe to the interference.

-Max
Max

Postby mr_westie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 am

mr_westie

Postby CaptainPlanetHD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 am

Ya, the rx was connected but the TX not powered while logging...
Next i will test an external BEC for powering the cam
CaptainPlanetHD

Postby kinderkram » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 am

An external BEC with a noise filter could solve the problem.
If it doesn't we might add a warning to the Wiki, mounting the cam as far away from the FC as possible.
kinderkram

Next

Return to Camera & Gimbal support