[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - small quad, no stable hover

small quad, no stable hover

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: small quad, no stable hover

Postby Shogun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes, that was really some confusion. Thanks for clarify.

I set Factor Throttle to 0.6 and had hover at 300.
300 / 700 * 0.6 = 0.257

This gives a hover at 650.
650 / 700 * 0.257 = 0.238
That is close to the value I had, 0.225.

With the landing gear I also ordered 7"x3.5 3-blade props, may be a better choice.
Shogun

Postby chschmid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Steve

Thanks for clarifying. I stumbled here too.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby Shogun » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:47 am

Finally success, the post about motor clipping helped to identify the cause. I reduced Tilt Rate D to 4500 and all is fine. Jussy spoke about that, but unlike him I did not have any wobbles, it was too high in frequency.

Well, there is still one problem left, the magnet heading is about 30° off. Please do not tell me I need more static logs, calypsos and calibrations. OK, first step is calculations with the last calypso that I have not used yet.
Shogun

Postby Max » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 am

Max

Postby Shogun » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks Max, now I will continue with what I have, test the flight behaviour and see what it does on first rth.
Shogun

Postby Shogun » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Really good progress today. After the rate d correction I needed to raise Factor Throttle to 0.288.

Some Altitude Speed tuning ended with
P=50 PM=200
I=1 IM=250 OM=250
Altitude Position P=0.1
There is rarely any transition effect when switching from manual to PH and back. PH works really fine.

Lowered tilt angle d to 1500. May need a little more.

I am not quite satisfied with the yaw reaction, so far I only raised yaw angle p to 0.25, do not remember if I touched yaw rate d yet, it is at 5.

RTH worked after I switched to PH. I only went a short distance of about 30m, the copter does not face to the home location, but takes a straight line to home. An effect of the misleading magnet? I hope we will sometime get a return to lauch and land with transition at configurable height above both endpoints.

I am very satisfied with the AutoQuad. It will soon beat my Naza. :D
Shogun

Postby epyonxero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:34 pm

epyonxero

Previous

Return to PID Tuning