[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Descending while flying forward/backward [resolved]

Descending while flying forward/backward [resolved]

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Descending while flying forward/backward [resolved]

Postby jet » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:52 am

Hi, Luxar.
Your value seemed to be acceptable.
You could read this: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3336&p=22798&hilit=MAGZ#p22798
Wait for your good news.
Good luck.
jet

Postby jet » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 am

Hi, all,
Recently, my AQ6 met a problem regarding altitude drop again.
Although I had tried to overcome this problem via PID, this problem occurred sometimes.
Today, I read an article regarding altitude drop for Pixhawk (http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/los ... 1#comments).
Also, I checked various AQ6 drones built by other members.
Many AQ6 were associated with circle shields.
Finally, I guessed the distance between my AQ6 and GPS shield was too far.
So, I tried to reduce the distance.
Based on the tests, altitude drop was improved.
Anyway, just my experience.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks.
Attachments
try.jpg
try.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 22455 times
jet

Postby leopold1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:35 am

Couldn't this be related to wind passing between shield and AQ board. The wind passes over the barometer and evenwith some foam it creates a pressure change.
Put the multirotor on the bench and connect to the GCS. Blow underneatch the shield and watch the altitude change a bit.
leopold1

Postby jet » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:07 am

Hi, Leopold1,
Thanks for reply.
So, is the circle protector as well as the figure necessary to avoid altitude drop?
Attachments
Q610-KISS-1024x642.jpg
jet

Postby plexus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi,
Just my experience:
On my hexa the esc are close the motors to dont pertube the GPS and it is around 4cm above the AQ6.
On my X8 the ESC are inside the center plate and at first time the GPS was at 2cm above the AQ6. With that config the resolution was 90cm to 70cm and it was impossible to get a good RTH without loss of altitude.
Only putting the GPS at 4 cm above the AQ, I get 33cm of resolution.
On the hexa as the ESC are close to the motors the GPS resolution is a little bit better.
Alain
IMG_0881[1].JPG
plexus

Postby jet » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:04 am

Thanks plexus.
I will try your suggestions again.
jet

Postby Luxar » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:57 am

A long time ago...but I'm find a solution, that works for me:
I'll 3D printed a "cover" for the AQ, to protect against wind and other "things".Image

Gruß Ralf
Greetings from Germany - Ralf
Luxar

Previous

Return to PID Tuning