[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Default PIDs seem VERY high!?

Default PIDs seem VERY high!?

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Default PIDs seem VERY high!?

Postby axelnied » Tue May 26, 2015 6:49 pm

I really cannot blame the motors...! They ran fine when just connecting them to the receiver throttle output. After reading this forum for several years I strongly believe the frame caused the issue. AQ likes rigid/stiff frames! I ditched the soft 3d printed frame for something much stiffer. 3mm carbon arms, and overall better quality. no rubber mounts etc.

There are the motors I used before:

These are the motors I use now (untested in flight)

I am using 4S with 6 inch props.
axelnied

Postby brat002 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm

I think, this kind of problems with fried motors is not motors or bearings. Other controllers flies well with h2204 and with fpvmodel mc2212. Very high D parameter can fry motors and it looks, like my and your motors was fried because default pids are not for all motors.

Now my motors has "fried" bearings and wiring... So sad. I not know what will do next with my M4. I don`t want fry my 4 x T-motor mn4006, that I planned to use with Autoquad.
brat002

Postby axelnied » Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 pm

MN4006? that's larger size motors on a different frame I suppose? u could post some details here and ask for feedback... I successfully tested mn3110 hexagon with standard PIDs. it is only the small crafts that have some tuning resilience.
axelnied

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed May 27, 2015 7:37 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby axelnied » Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 pm

I used to own a TBS Disco Pro with Carbon arms from Aerial Mob. Pretty nice design, but wobbly (soft) as hell. But the biggest advantage of these frames is also its biggest weakness: Electronics are integrated into the top and bottom plates. One crash and you are toast... In my opinion then top and bottom plates are way too thin, the standard arms are soft (probably by design), and the mounting methodology (inserts in the arms) is not promoting stiffness. Through-bolts with washer and lock-nuts would be much better.

These TBS frames are quite popular (with DJI FC) so selling them for little to no loss should not be a problem.
axelnied

Postby brat002 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 pm

My friends are flying TBS Disco with Naza without any problem. And i flied TBS with naza and taulabs Quanton pretty good. Why autoquad so sensitive to frame geometry and stiffness? I don`t want to sell this frame, because Disco is very good and other controllers not have these problems. May be problem in software?
brat002

Postby brat002 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm

I am waiting for new motors. Then i will try again.
Thanks all.
brat002

Postby brat002 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm

@aBUGSworstnightmare
How do you calculate limits? It is not stock values and manual do not cover these calculations.
brat002

Postby brat002 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 pm

I found, CTRL_MAX default value is ~1470. It is not too big? It may be source of problems with fried motors?
brat002

Postby brat002 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:21 am

With new motors SunnySky v2216 650kv and default PIDs i have overheating again.
brat002

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning