[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

Postby bluuu » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:22 am

AUW ?
Mag calibration ?

BTW. you are very brave to fly in the room ...
bluuu

Postby importon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:36 am

AUW is 16lbs (with dummy weight representing camera and gimbal)

Mag calibration?
What do you mean by that? I have done the full calibration with freezing/thawing + calibso
is that what you are asking?
Sorry I am relatively new to autoquad. been flying mostly open pilot since 2010.
importon

Postby Max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:38 am

Max

Postby importon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 am

Ok.
I will try with plastic standoff as well tomorrow.
I must say though it is still pretty stiffly mounted even with the orange bobbins.

Thanks for the feedback!
importon

Postby JussiH » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:25 am

JussiH

Postby importon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:39 am

Ohhh! :shock:

Is there any more detailed info about how to replace the recoms? I'm pretty good at soldering things onto boards but terrible at removing solder ad getting things off of boards.

Thanks for your help!
importon

Postby Max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:47 am

As a quick test of Jussi's theory, you could just tap into 3 or 4 cells of one of your flight batteries (via balance plug) and power the AQ with that instead of your 12V regulator. The actual voltage doesn't matter to what Jussi is referring to -- the scaling is based purely on voltage per cell (IOW the total voltage is taken and then divided by detected # of cells).

I'd advise testing one change at a time. ;)

-Max
Max

Postby importon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:14 am

Thanks for the feedback!
Should I try 5s out of the balance plug? Can the stock AQ board handle that? Would that give me a better reading that is closer to if I had made the upgrade that Jussi recommends? I've ordered the parts that Jussi suggested BTW. But if I can can check now I will.
Thanks again to all of you taking the time to help me. That is super cool!
importon

Postby Max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:57 am

18v maximum on a stock AQ6, so no... 4S or less. But it really doesn't matter, 2 to 4 cells would yield the same result. Ultimately you'd have a cleaner setup with the change Jussi recommends (and proper telemetry readings, etc), but you don't have to do it.

-Max
Max

Postby importon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:38 am

Thank you agian for the advice!
I tried to tap into to 2 cells of the balance plug but it turns out I do not know as much about electric as I thought I did.
I used this connector in pictured below, connecting ground to ground and the remaining 2 pins to 2 cells of my 6s balance plug. the 2 cells converge into 1 vout wire on the jst plug. When I plugged it in it the pins immediately turned red hot and the middle one melted. What did I do wrong? Thanks!
IMG_9570.JPG
importon

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning