[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

Postby importon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:40 am

Here is an interesting one. I'm doing my first test lift off and the throttle seems to have a mind of it's own. It looks like it's almost exhibiting the symptoms of poorly tuned altitude hold settings but I have quadruple checked that my flight mode switches are set to Manual. Please see video link below. Any Idea how I can resolve this? Some thing that I have not figured out so far are how to get the gcs to give me correct battery voltage. (it always says I am at 7.3v when I'm really at like 12v) could that be the problem? Also I'm using a dimu but did the full DIMU calibration. I have not done TARE leveling as it is my understanding that I'm not supposed to do that if I did the full calibration.
I am using these escs http://www.uavobjects.com/product/nfs-e ... ware-opto/
with these motors http://www.hobbypartz.com/02p-motor-604 ... kv550.html
6s lipo
Any help would be very much appreciated. I feel like I am so close to getting her in the air! Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlyw_VH ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by importon on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
importon

Re: Manual Throttle pulsing like bad alt hold.

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:08 am

Have you throttle calibrated the ESCs?
Which fw version? Please do a short log.

In the video the motors/props somehow sound "rough" like there´s a severe amount of vibrations going on.
A log might show what´s happening there...
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:26 am

I agree, looks and sounds like a lot of vibrations. Although this can also be a symptom/combination of over-sampling on the digital IMU. Please post a log as Norbert suggests, for example of that liftoff attempt. You can also try turning down Tilt Rate D a lot and see if that helps with a steady hover (half the default value, or less).

That machine looks interesting! Pics? :)

-Max
Max

Postby importon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:20 am

Thanks for the replys!
I went and throttle calibrated each esc idividually by connecting it the the throttle channel of my rx, powering the esc and motor with my tx at full throttle, waiting for the beep, then lowering the throttle all the way for confirmation beeps, followed by a quick rev test. That all went well.
I then tried to do another flight test and gather a log file for us to have a look at, but half of the motors are not spinning up at idle now. ??? Please see video link below. is there a way to set the motor start valure for each each individual motor in the GCS?
(I am using the preset X8 mixer setting BTW)
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3fBTBA ... e=youtu.be
importon

Postby importon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:28 am

Ok. adjusted to the motor start value and made another flight. Better than the first flight but It still feels very unstable and pulsing.
Here is the video and some imu screen grabs of the same flight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Crf0fNL1Y Are my vibrations too intense? Those big spike are from me hitting the ground I guess. They seem to match up with the video.
I think that some of the reason it is very loud is that I am using high pitch 12 6 eprops.
Thanks again for your help.
Let me know if you'd like to see more values.
Also I am running aqv7.0.r441.b1847-hwv6.0-dimu1.1

AccelsLog.jpg

GyroLog.jpg

IMG_9548.JPG
importon

Postby chschmid » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:37 am

To me it looks like experiencing the ground effect. How does it behave if you lift your machine to 1m or above?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 am

The ACC levels don't look that bad. Cool looking machine!

Read this thread for ESC calibration and how it relates to motor start/stop params: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1446

Ground effect is a good thought. With all that air moving, it might need a bit more space and height to really tell how it flies. Also have you tried any PID adjustments?

As for voltage, are you sure you really have a rev. 0 board? http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... 1-hardware

-Max
Max

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 am

Hi,

can not provide you with a solution since I did not further investigate :oops:
This looks like what I've experienced with the rOsewhite Rachel frame: throttle was pumping as soon as switching to PH

My guess here are severe vibrations because of the bad motors currently in use on that frame --> seeing your ACC levels makes me re-think of that!. The ESC in use have SimonK firmware --> I will exchange them against KISS later (or maybe even ESC32; not sure atm).
I think it's in the PID settings. Try to fly outside to see what's happening in free air. Ensure bro is shielded with some foam.

Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby chschmid » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Joerg, your pumping is PID related in PH. Importon describes a manual pumping which should not be. Once the ESC are calibrated, I would like to see a +1m flight and a log in "hover".

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm

I´m not convinced it´s ground effects. Never seen such a behaviour caused by GE. Wobbling, shaking - yes. But pumping like moving the sticks 30-40% up and down? Nah...

Though like like cool look of the shroud 8-) it might add to the cause by inducing bad vibes that the sensor don´t like.
kinderkram

Next

Return to PID Tuning