[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Request for some infomation on changed PID values

Request for some infomation on changed PID values

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Request for some infomation on changed PID values

Postby HeliHenkie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi all,

I've been away from the AQ project for about a year now, but and with the arrival of the new DIMU board I'm giving it another go.
After flashing the latest experimental firmware, designed for working with the DIMU board, I looked at the PID values and saw completely different values from a year ago. At first I thought it was a mistake but I found some limited reference to these changed values.

Can someone tell a little bit more about this?

Furthermore I was asking myself the question if it's possible to load the old PID values in the new firmware. Will this lead to problems? If so, what's to be expected?

Best regards,

Jan Willem
The Netherlands
HeliHenkie

Re: Request for some infomation on changed PID values

Postby Max » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 pm

HI Jan,

Essentially, due to internal changes in the firmware to account for greater resolution via CAN bus control, some of the PID values have been multiplied by a factor of 4.82. QGC 1.3 has a calculator to convert the settings if it detects old values with a newer firmware version. Described here (3rd screenshot and down): viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2419&start=80#p16001 But if the calculator doesn't work for whatever reason, you need to convert the relevant values yourself (you can see which values are affected in those screenshots).

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby epyonxero » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Ive been having some weird flight behavior since Ive been using FW with the new PID values on both an AIMU board and a brand new DIMU board. With the default PIDs from FW aqv7.0.r372.b1704-hwv6.1-dimu1.1 on the DIMU board the copter flies like the PIDs are too high with a lot of oscillation. Reducing the PIDs to a level similar to the old defaults seems to calm things down but its still not what I would call smooth. In trying to find what the new defaults should be I looked at the screen shots in the link above I see the Tilt_Rte Max parameters are 4815 but the default I have from the FW is 9999. Which is correct?

Screenshot (12).png
Surging/oscillation in PH
Last edited by epyonxero on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
epyonxero

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:12 am

I've just had my first flight with r372 w/DIMU on a QAV540g w/simonk ESCs (heavier front/back so the roll mixer has been reduced to 85), but I'm getting really bad performance. It's pretty much impossible to hover, I get surging up and down, wobbles on roll & pitch, and fast yaw twitches. Just spend the last half hour trying to tune the PIDs (reduced TRD by half, and tilt angle PIDs too, and tried increasing the yaw xM values which helped previously), but still getting massive amounts of clipping on the motor outputs, and it doesn't really feel any closer to working well.

Does anyone have a good strategy for tuning PIDs with the new FW?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby epyonxero » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Anybody? Is it possible to make a DIMU version of the FW with the old PID values as a comparison? It sounds like were both having the same problem.
epyonxero

Postby 13brv3 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm

13brv3

Postby epyonxero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Can someone from the development team please take a look at the issues above?
epyonxero

Postby sandmen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am

To make a fw, with old PID's makes absolute no sense.
Also reducing the Mixing values, is not the correct way !
Changing the mixer, could makes sense, when we have a different geometry in the motor distance to center.
sandmen

Postby bluuu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:48 am

It looks like a rezonanse on gyro/acc. Your FC is on dampers ? or hard mounted ?
Probably its problem with unbalanced motors and props.
(I had similar problem when my FC was mounted on rubber dampers).
bluuu

Postby epyonxero » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 pm

epyonxero

Next

Return to PID Tuning