[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - wrong altitude hold?

wrong altitude hold?

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

wrong altitude hold?

Postby michal_e » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:54 am

I have a problem with altitude holding in my AQ.
when I flying horizontal in POSITION HOLD my Quad loses height.
I was PID-ing, but steel the same.
I checked BARO (fly with not connected antena) and I don't know if it is OK.
Can AQ hold position without GPS ?

How much AQ uses BARO in ALT HOLD/POS HOLD?

with 3Dfix GPS

without GPS (antenna disconnected)

michal_e

Re: wrong altitude hold?

Postby farooq_niaz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:33 pm

I had this issue when I moved the copter moving towards right only(i.e right roll), remaining three direction it was doing fine. In my case I found following can be the reason
1. Improper baro foam mounting.
2. Logs will tell that if your motors have enough muscles to hold the altitude on that speed( I think weak power setup will loose altitude as now power is being used to push the copter plus keeping its altitude lock as well)
3. If it is loosing alt in one direction as in my case, adjust CG and definitely look at mot log
4. I think if there is wind it also effects (due to weak power setup)
5. Incorrect calibration

But looking at the second video it seems there is something wrong with the baro or foam. I think you need to post logs plus there is some issue with PID
farooq_niaz

Postby Max » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Michal,

You should probably verify your ACC calibration using the method described in the docs: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... on-result/ Especially in Part 1 under ACC magnitude. I had the same issue with a quad (losing altitude during flight even with GPS) and a better calibration helped things considerably. I'm not sure if the no-GPS alt. hold issue is due to the same reason or not, never tried it with that quad.

Farooq brings up some good points to check as well.

-Max
Max

Postby michal_e » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 pm

I was trying with two kind of foam on baro and without - still the same.

In case it is problem with PID - which one should I try change ?

my PIDs

I wander if it could be because of bubble on my RateZ ?

I try other one PARAMS file after another calibration

below is test with this PARAMS -
RATE

ACC

a bit better but the bubble still is.
I checked temperature from logs and I was flying within the same temperature that the bubble exist ( 10 - 20 degrees) !
If it is possible that calibration cause to disappear the bubble ?
michal_e

Return to PID Tuning