[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New quad setup ...

New quad setup ...

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

New quad setup ...

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am

Hi, I recently puchased my second AQ board and wanted to build a new quad based on the quadframe mediumweight quad with alu arms, so less problems with aligning the motors ;-)

Motors are are sunnysky X2212-13 980 Kv
Turnigy plush 30A ESC Simonk flashed
5000Mah 3S batt
Carbon props 10 x 4,5

I also gave in to a new Frsky taranis 8-)

ESC are calibrated, props balanced, did AQ static and dynamics cals,using standard AQ quadX motormix, ... but I just can't get the quad tuned. The problem is that the motors are pulsing a lot and it keeps jumping up and down.

I used to fly this board with the same ASC ona DIY frame with KDA 22-20L motors which flew allmost perfect.

To get the oscillations/pulsing out of the motors I increased tilt rate D to about 8300. It helps is bit (not much) but I'm a little bit afraid togo higher.

Do you guys have any more suggestions?

Included is a log of two short attempts of level flight.
leopold1

Re: New quad setup ...

Postby JussiH » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 am

Usually these kinds of problems are associated with uneven thrust from your propellors or motors. If you have a way to measure thrust on each motor, pls do it. Otherwise, try some other props and see if that solves it.
JussiH

Postby chschmid » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Use Graupner 10x5 if you are in doubt. I was measuring some of these props and the thrust of CW and CCW matches very close. There is only little static balancing needed. They perform nice even @ 4s with a 800KV motor.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I will try again with some apc prop. They have never let me down.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Switched to other props ... same issues.
Next stop recalibrate ESC's.
One thing Is noticed with the taranis is that the throttle is inversed so watch out when calibrating your ESC's!

If this doesn't work, I still have some ESC32 to try out. But work calls for the next 6 weeks :(
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I just did a reinstall of the fw and pulsing is gone. Must of been a hick up in the software.
Flies ok now :-) but needs a little bit of tuning.
leopold1

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 am

Jdmagoo

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:53 am

Maybe not installed incorrectly but certain settings/parameters that weren't valid for some reason.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 pm

A small update.
The quad is flying great at the moment on 50/50 motormix.
I read somewhere in a topic that using this motormix, could cause the divergent problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I also tried the 100% mix I can't really tune the quad.
The quad oscillates with small transitions and high frequency and according to the wiki I should increase tilt rate D in steps of 100. But it only gets worse. When I decrease tilt rate D it gets better but not quite. Still some small high freq oscillations.
Is it a problem when I stick to the 50/50 motormix?
leopold1

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 pm

50/50 mix is not a good idea. You are very likely to run into a divergence problem with it.

Lowering rate D is always the place to start for highfrequency oscillations. If the 50/50 motor mix works, that would indicate that around 50 percent of default values for Rate D and Angle D is probably a good starting point.

Can you post a short log showing a hover. Id like to see the vibration levels, usually that is part of the problem when you have to resort to mixer table tuning.

In any case: Mixer table tuning is NOT recommended!
JussiH

Next

Return to PID Tuning