[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Correcting the throttle factor!

Correcting the throttle factor!

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Correcting the throttle factor!

Postby qalid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:00 am

Hi guys,

So I think this is one of the main reasons that even at mid-throttle, the copter was at times gaining/loosing altitude. (beside GPS accuracy as far as I concluded, pls someone help on the other topic for PID tuning)..

From here: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/ve ... -override/
I understand my below two graphs are totally all over the place! I need to know whether I will have use 700 as the base in the formula given?

And the page didn't mention where is this throttle factor to be corrected in QGC??
Attachments
Screenshot (17).png
2nd flight
Screenshot (16).png
1st flight
qalid

Re: Correcting the throttle factor!

Postby qalid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 am

I'm using Spektrum DX18!
qalid

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Your logs show that your LOG_Radio_Channnel0 is around 750 in a hover.
Maybe you adjust the Throttle Scale Factor (see below in the screenshot) a little bit to 0.75 or even 0.78.
Then your Radio shoud have the TH stick in the middle @ hover. This is very important for all Nav Functions because in PH and up, the TH stick changes altitude only. That means, when you have it above middle the copter rises and vice versa.

Cheers
Christof
Attachments
Th Factor.JPG
Th Factor.JPG (81.45 KiB) Viewed 11656 times
chschmid

Postby qalid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks Chris, this is really helpful!

I will try 0.75 and 0.78 and see how it goes! I don't think I need to play with the d-band?
qalid

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 pm

I have deadband set to 80. My throttle Hand is a bit shaky. :D
BTW I fly also a DX18.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby bluuu » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 pm

deadband is using to automatic modes, not for manual
bluuu

Postby qalid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Yes, who cares about the manual mode lol!
All what I aim for is the automatic mode!

@ Chris, have you changed any other parameters for DX18? And is it shaky (your own hand) or the throttle stick :D
qalid

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 pm

My DX18 is very precise in terms of stick potentiometer. But it is still difficult to find the center with 40 deadband. I moded the Mav2hott a littlebit to signal with the LED's if I am off center.

I rerouted all the channels to pass the cam ops to a student TX. Some minor subtrim to achive the +-700.
I am using a DSM2 sat paired to a RX>=8000. That gives you 11bit and some 16(?) channels.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

chschmid

Postby qalid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks Christof!

I will test your setup on my DX18 and I will get back to you if you don't mind!
qalid

Return to PID Tuning