[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Manual mode Flying Up & Down

Manual mode Flying Up & Down

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Manual mode Flying Up & Down

Postby monkey1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:54 pm

I started at manual mode, the quad moving up and down, up and down. Did the quad vibration large? I have attached my log file for attached video. Pls advise further action. Thank you.

My Quad flying up & down video

PID settings
DSC00979.JPG
DSC00979.JPG (250.56 KiB) Viewed 13569 times

DSC00980.JPG
DSC00980.JPG (240.08 KiB) Viewed 13569 times
Attachments
035-AQL.LOG
(3.84 MiB) Downloaded 719 times
monkey1

Re: Manual mode Flying Up & Down

Postby LPR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Monkey

Your DIPs are all over the place. Please try flying with default PID values.

I'm surprised you can fly at all with the PIDs what you have now.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Those are close to the defaults for v6.8.

The vibes are fairly high. Having a "nervous" altitude in manual mode is a pretty sure sign of that. You could try turning down Tilt Rate D in steps of 2500 or so. I'd put Tilt Angle back to defaults.

There is also a lot of interference in the MAG sensors once the motors are spinning, which you might want to look into.

I'd recommend firmware version 6.7RC1 for setting up a new multi.

-Max
Max

Postby monkey1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 am

Thank you, i will try to tune down the tilt rate D of 2500 in steps.
monkey1

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:59 pm

...and you should calibrate the throttle range of the ESCs. Your motors start/stop independently.
Try to eliminate the bad vibes first - I doubt this behaviour is caused by the PIDs alone.
kinderkram

Postby farooq_niaz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I have the same very issue. I am using 6.7 (aqv6.7.r224.b1400-rev1) version and tried to play around with PIDs a lot. Used default PIDs as well however it didvnot help. Checked mags for vibration following is the result. I have done some throttle recalibration for simonk ESC now all the props spin at the same time.

Will removal of vibration solve my issue of not hold height in manual mode
Attachments
Log file.zip
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 806 times
jpeg.jpg
Log of Mag
farooq_niaz

Postby chschmid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 pm

I can just see the mags. That has nothing to do with vibs.
The mag noise comes from magnetic fields produced by ESC, Motors, Cables...
Check your acc for vibs.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby farooq_niaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Here is the graph of accels
Attachments
accels.jpg
farooq_niaz

Postby farooq_niaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Ok tried to balance props placed AQ on gyro foam. Attached is the graph of Accels. However the copter was still jumpy. So eventually changing Tilt rate F to 0.35 from 0.25 with tilt D =4000 improved a lot (but there is still some margin of improvement). However during flying at times copter still tries to come down on its own.
Attachments
accels 2.jpg
farooq_niaz

Postby LPR » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:24 pm

It looks like balancing your props improved the vibrations some but your AQ board must be bouncing around too much and it is causing the large spikes. Most of the time having the AQ board mounted solid works better. It is always better to only change one thing at a time.

Larry
LPR

Next

Return to PID Tuning