[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Lost altitude control

Lost altitude control

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Lost altitude control

Postby Ecky » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi list,

have had some trouble during PosHold and altitude Control.
R220_PosHold_no_alt_response.jpg
R220 - PosHold - no altitude control as expected

If you could see in the diagram, during PosHold I lost control over reducing
the altitude. Lowering the throttle should reduce altitude, but instead of reducing
altitude AQ goes in resonance an bouncing up and down – looking 54.000 at the log.
Furthermore lowering throttle couldn’t bring the copter down, only switching in
manual mode (yes, i first anabled fly Mission by exident an then switching back to manual
mode :oops:) and manual land can rescue Tamara. This is not the first time that it
happens, I would say nearly every time flying around 30m over ground and a little bit wind
will end in this behavior.

We discussed in Hannover a Smartdrones 15" Prop problem, but with the Flyduino 14” it is
the same behavior, shown in the diagramm.
Actual flying with R220 but it happens also with R199 or R206.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bjps864wm51e7o/151-AQL.zip

Any suggestions to prevent this behavior?

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Re: Lost altitude control

Postby chschmid » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi Christian

Your behaviour could be related to a to high NAV_ATL_SPED_I. What is your current setting?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Re: Lost altitude control

Postby Lindbaergh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi i have to bring this thread up again. After being out of business for a while because of a dead AQ, im back with a new board and made some test flights.

I have the same problem Ecky described above, even my log file looks exactly the same like his. In Manual Mode it flies without any problems, also in alt hold but after a while of simply hoovering the AQ suddenly apply full throttle. The only way to regain control is to switch back to manual mode, after that i can switch to alt hold again and the AQ flies without a flaw again. Do i have to lower or to raise NAV_ALT_SPED_I? What else can cause this?. I only changed throttle factor to 0.60 by now, so the rest are the factory settings.

regards Michael

My setup looks as follows:
Octo plus (around 5kg ready for takeoff)
mn 3510-13 700kv motors.
13" props
esc NFet SImonK (was esc32 before).
batteries 4S 4000-6000.

the logfile https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MwOY ... sp=sharing

and my PID:
default-pid.jpg
default PID after flshing firmeware.
Lindbaergh

Return to PID Tuning