[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Upgrade firmware and now it yaws left and right....[SOLVED]

Upgrade firmware and now it yaws left and right....[SOLVED]

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Upgrade firmware and now it yaws left and right....[SOLVED]

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:42 pm

SOLVED - UPGRADE TO FIRMWARE R253 AND ABOVE

Hi there,

Just upgraded the firmware to the latest r248 release from Max's compilation and now when I yaw either left or right and bring the sticks back to centre the multiroter starts yawing left and right continually until I land.

I know the parameters have been multiplied by around 4.8xxxx, but even if I multiply the old parameters by this amount and put that figure in it still does the same. I have lowered yaw pid d from 240 in steps of 10 down to 40 but no change.

What other parameters should I tune to stop this from happening?

Cheers
Last edited by Jdmagoo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jdmagoo

Re: Upgrade firmware and now it yaws left and right....

Postby bn999 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:45 pm

What value do you have for the CTRL_MAX parameter?
bn999

Postby Kisssys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm not sure if QGC has had the limits updated but it did try to always change it back to 700. If you set it in the properties window it will stick at 1446. That seemed to fix a lot of problems including YAW.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby skew » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:01 pm

All of the default parameters have been changed starting at r324. I tried using r248 and had the same experience that you had with the yawing. I ended up going back to a lower version because mine flys great on the defaults on the pre r234 and I have not had to time to play with any of the new post r234 settings. I also noticed somewhere between r210 and r230+ something also changed on power up. Im running r202 I can plug my AQ ie..like my garage and carry outside to back yard arm and fly works fine. I haven't narrowed down witch exactly firmware it starts at but if I load say r225 power it up in my garage and carry it out and set it down. When I try to fly it it will either dirft all over the place or flip over. I can unplug and reset all is ok. If I power it up in the place I take off at it will fly fine.
skew

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby bn999 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 am

Not sure what your problem is, but there have been a few other reports of similar problems. Waiting for more information.

If you like, perhaps you could post a very short flight log demonstrating the issue. That may help.
bn999

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 am

Attachments
001-AQL.LOG.zip
Log of yawing left and right
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 613 times
Jdmagoo

Postby bn999 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Please also post your attitude PID parameters.
bn999

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Jdmagoo

Next

Return to PID Tuning