[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Y6 Yaw imbalance

Y6 Yaw imbalance

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Y6 Yaw imbalance

Postby Max » Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 am

So you never tried using all the same style prop? All E or all SF. I've gone back and looked through some of the stuff I read earlier about using different size/pitch props top/bottom, and I found several setups that people liked, none of which used different style props. Not saying it wasn't worth a try... :)

Also, when you leveled your motors, did you level _both_ motors on each arm? With the round tubes and clamps, if the clamps aren't tightened evenly, the motor plates also won't be parallel. It was a bloody hassle getting both motors to be parallel and even... 3 times! And of course one set got knocked out of alignment when I dorked the prop... :roll:

I did a quick test earlier this evening with 11x5 top props, all CW, and 11x7 bottoms, all CCW ("old" mix). I picked up some new vibrations from switching props (balanced, yes), so it was just a quick flight before dinner. The yaw is very balanced though, as are the motor outputs. Log graphs look basically like 2nd flight, above. Not sure if the vibes are from a bad prop, or if the combo of different pitches causes the extra vibrations (which I see in the X & Y accels, not in the Z).

I will try a 12x6 top and 11x7 bottom next, after I find the vibe source. Besides looking for yaw imbalance and checking motor temps, I'm not really sure how to quantify these prop tests.

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 am

Max

The best way to see if your loading all the motors the same is to use a watt meter on each motor while your hovering. I did not say it was an easy way. Motor temps on the bottom motor will be off because of the cooling from the top props.

Larry
LPR

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 am

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Previous

Return to PID Tuning