[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - altitude drop when RTL

altitude drop when RTL

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

altitude drop when RTL

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Today I did some very nice flights with my hex.
Altitude hold works fine. Keeps a steady height. Pos hold is very firm and I tried pulling the quad a couple of time from its position and it returned without flaws and overshoots.

One thing I did notice is when I engage RTL, the hex flies in the correct direction to its home position also without overshoot, but drops in height. If I engage RTL from 50m away at a height of 3m I have to give some manual thrust to stop it hitting the ground when its allmost at its homeposition. Sometimes I let it flyclose to the ground without manual correction, but its doesn't regain the altitude of the start position.

Is there a pid setting I can tune for this?
leopold1

Re: altitude drop when RTL

Postby Kisssys » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 pm

If you set your home position at 3 meters altitude then you probably need to redo the calibration.

If you did not it's just going back to the position, heading and altitude that is stored when it initially got a good 3D fix.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Steve,

I wasn't aware that also altitude was stored in the home position.

Nice to know :oops:

leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

... added a warning to the Wiki. ;)
kinderkram

Return to PID Tuning