[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Small yaw changes.

Small yaw changes.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Small yaw changes.

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi,

My hex is flying very nicely is stab and AH/PH. Even RTH works great.

But i'm having a small problem with yaw. It tends to shift sometimes to the left and right. I need to adjust witg the yaw stick, but not a lot.

This is a screenshot of my yaw ch and MOT YAW

I'm thinking maybe a motor problem. Concerning alignement, I checked this and all is good.

Can someone have a look at my logs and maybe pinpoint the problem?

leopold1

Re: Small yaw changes.

Postby LPR » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 pm

leo

That are your PIDs and motor mix. How much does your Hexa weigh, what is the motor to motor distant and how big are your props. How well your Hexa can yaw depends on all of the above information.

To understand the logs I would need to know the order of the motors and how they are connected on the board. Also which radio is the yaw input on.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:09 pm

PID's are standard.
Motor mix is 33/66.
Hex weight is 2,2kg.
Motor to motor distance is 70cm and I'm using 12 x 4,5 props.

Yawing itself isen't the problem. It tends to change the heading of the nose a bit when moving up or down and left to right.
leopold1

Postby LPR » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Leo

Sounds like your have some magnetic interference caused by power wires not twisted enough and too close to the AQ board. Hold down the Hexa or tie it down and then look at the log of the mags as you are changing the throttle settings.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 pm

If I look at the log and check LOG IMU MAGX, Y, Z against MOT THR it all stays flat.Or am I missing something?

If you look at my buildtopicyou can clearly see that all my wires are twisted and that ESC's are near the motor. I'm not saying thats this is not the problem but I sure would doubt it.
leopold1

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Nick

When you look at the log of all 4 together the mags are at a scale that you can not see the mag movements. Just look at the three mags alone and the time that the mags move and you can see there is some magnetometer movement with motor throttle changes.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Yep, OK!!
What now. All my cable are twisted, I assure you!!
leopold1

Postby LPR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Nick

I can't see how the wiring is placed in the frame centers but Bill said that having the ESC32 too close to the AQ board was not a good idea. I placed my ESC out on the arm even though I don't like the look. If your looking for best control everything has be just right.
I have to say your Hexa looks very good and flies quite well.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 am

Larry, its Vincent ;)

ESC's are under the motors. That also why I can't really pinpoint a source of magnetic disturbance.

One thing I can do is but the AQ a little bit higher. Maybe shield the AQ board from the power distrubution board. But with what?
leopold1

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 pm

It would be really nice if there was a way to use a remote magnetometer, since it's probably the most practical way to eliminate magnetic interference. It's nearly impossible to completely avoid power wires, and batteries when the magnetometer is in the center section of the frame, but fortunately they still fly pretty darn well even with the known interference.

Rusty
13brv3

Next

Return to PID Tuning