[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Small yaw changes.

Small yaw changes.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Small yaw changes.

Postby LPR » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Vincent

That's good to know Vincent. I used custom built carbon center frame plates. Carbon plate can block some RF and maybe a little magnetic interference. I have extra no holes in the thin carbon plates I use. I carefully have the connection of all the power wires in the center of the center plates. The positive and negative five wire connection are stacked one on top of the other and all leads are twisted tightly as close as possible to the connections. The quad flies very well but sense I have three AQ multicopters I've built I have not focused too much on how well the mags are working. I think they must be doing well because the quad does missions very well.

One other thing I did is put the AQ board in an aluminum box to protected it from damage, mosture and because it can help reduce magnetic interference. If you want great performance from the AQ it's all in the details.

I have not tested how well all this type of detail helped but I don't think it hurt.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, I'm using the FCP HL frame.
I will try to put a carbon shield with standoffs between frame plate and AQ board.
All + and - wires are routed to the outerside of the frame plate. So I can't stack them.
leopold1

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 pm

I don't think carbon will disrupt the magnetic field, and neither will aluminum, copper, lead, etc. Putting more distance between the board and the unwanted field will of course help though.

I've thought about using a sheet of MuMetal on the frame plate between the board and the offending field, but a large area of disruption in proximity to the magnetometer would likely cause more harm than good. The material would end up diverting the Earth's magnetic field, which would prevent you from properly measuring it, so that's not such a good solution.

I like putting ESCs out on the arms, and I can easily route power distribution around the edges of the frame plates. The main problem for me is the battery. If you run two batteries, no problem, since you can hang them off on either side. When you only run one, it pretty much has to be in the center. Even a cheap compass can see the effects of current through the battery several inches away.

I've considered moving the whole board out of the center, but that probably introduces some other issues. I guess it will come down to the lesser of two evils. The good news is that I'm not seeing nearly as big of a problem as I did back in my MK days.

Rusty
13brv3

Postby leopold1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 pm

I resoldered the leads for the ESC's and twisted them just to the point I had to solder them to the FCP lower board.
It seems to help a bit but stillhave to check with a log.
leopold1

Postby teramax » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I had absolute the same problem, after playing around with changing solderpoints on FCP-HL also soldered the cables away from the CP to a spyder, twisting, pid tuning but nothing helped.
What happened: while tunig and testing on time i forgot to plug in the 3DR datalink and guess what, accidentialy yaw´ing was nearly gone and till now, many flights later it only happens on to zero per flight.
In my case the 3DR made it worse.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby leopold1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 am

Well, I'm using Xbee. I'll test without.
leopold1

Postby bluuu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

It's old problem. I had this problem in old MultiWii with soldered MAG in PCB (eg. MultiWii AIO) and use any kind of "power board".
Power board is fine, can do a "clean" installation but ... it "produce" a lot of EMI/EMC ...

I always solder all "power" wires as short as possible, twist + and -.
Battery as far as possible from IMU. Reciver as far as possible.

We must remember that earth magnetic is softer then any kind of EMI from trancivers, metal components.

There is a fine vid helped to understand ... I can't find it now ... but it was on Mikrokopter ... 30A power lines and different positions of wires. Anybody remembered that vid ?
bluuu

Postby leopold1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 pm

During some tests with a brushless gimbal, the yaw problem was clearly visible. Flying a straight line and you can see that yaw is shifting from left to right.

Here is the log of that flight. I hope it sheds a light into the problem.

leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 pm

I've recently got my hexa back in the air after a long pause due to work.
For further tests concerning the yaw I dismounted the gimbal.

Could someone please have a look at these logs. I'm flying most of the time front and back but yaw changes a bit.

leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Could someone shed a light on my log please?
I would like to get some suggestions in resolving the unwanted yawing.
leopold1

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning