[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Small yaw changes.

Small yaw changes.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Small yaw changes.

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Did you ever figure this out? My two autoquads both do this to a degree and I'd like to firm the heading up on them.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby leopold1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:38 pm

No, sorry. Due to work the AQ projects is gaining dust at the moment. :(
I will try to fly again in a couple of weeks.
Meanwhile if you would find your own solution, please share.

Vincent
leopold1

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 am

I just increased my yaw angle p from 0.05 to 0.1 and it seems to be holding the heading much better than before.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby leopold1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Thx Glenn, this is something to try out! Hopefully soon!
leopold1

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 am

I got out for a flight today in a light (~15km/h) wind, and my yaw lost it's heading a couple of times during flight and oscillated around maybe 45 degrees before regaining its heading... so I'm still looking for a solution to this issue.

It wasn't being pushed hard at all, so it's not particularly ideal for this to happen.

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 am

Jdmagoo

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:12 pm

I tried putting just the PM and DM up 20% last time, but I didn't try increasing OM. I'll try it tomorrow.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Jdmagoo

Postby LPR » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Glenn

When I was tuning my octo I had the same problem with yaw. The longer your arms are and the smaller the props the more difficulty you will have with yaw. Increasing OM is very important because OM stands for the Overall Maximum of change in PWM for motor control. The PM and IM are added to get the OM value.

My octo only had 10" props and uses LiFe A123 batteries which are heavy so to get great yaw control I needed to tilt the motors a few degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkZe3fC6TI

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to PID Tuning