[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Trouble tuning new props for hexa X

Trouble tuning new props for hexa X

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: Trouble tuning new props for hexa X

Postby teramax » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 pm

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 am

Wow Mäx
What a nice machine. It looks like AQ handles yaw way better than in the hexa. And you had some gusts as one can see in the bushes behind.
But where is the difference?
Congrats
Christof
chschmid

Postby teramax » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 pm

third Battery till now and still now Yaw problem, i have no idea whats different between an X8 and an X6 configuration beside 2 aditional motors :?:
see this awsome LOG:

teramax

Postby chschmid » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi Mäx

That's the cleanest Log I have seen so far. (Bet there was no wind)
I cant see a difference either. But obviously there is one. Maybe Bill can help here.
Could you add the Log_Mot_Pitch, Yaw, Roll and the scale on the left. And some more resolution, please.

Cheers
Christof

BTW I ordered 2 more motors for a new octo instead of a hexa.
chschmid

Postby teramax » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:57 pm

sir, like you asked for ;)

X8_log_high_res.JPG

download the LOG here:
teramax

Postby chschmid » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:47 am

Thanks. That's how it should look like.
And you are sure that your machine was in the air while logging? :D
chschmid

Re: AW: Trouble tuning new props for hexa X

Postby Cookiemonsta » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am

How did you get the motor outputs that "thin"? Looks awesome
Cookiemonsta

Postby teramax » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:46 pm

they are like the are, i used deffault parameters, calm weather and yes -custom motor-mix
and of course this awsome Tiger Navigator motors and props.

Once i have 8 matching props i´ll post videos and details but for now it´s more an frankenstein held by different props ;)
teramax

Postby teramax » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 pm

News, I did some Prop-comparison to find some spares for the Tiger CF, and found out something very interresting.
According the Yaw-problem, the left part of the LOG is made with Graupner eProp 11x5 and the right part is made with some rcTimer CF 12x4.5.
Important is that the X8 flies much smoother with the 12x4.5, the VIN is more flat and the Yaw corrections are less compared to the 11x5.
I had befor the feeling that the Tiger CF run also smoother and also the wooden Gemfan SF props 12x4.
What brings me to the point that the combination AQ-FC, ESC32 work better with a little lower propeller pitch.
Too bad, i have no 12x3.8 here to try :)

see your selve (red line FC-YAW):

download high-res picture:
teramax

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Interestingly i have the exact same problem with the yawing with gusts of wind. I too am using 11x4.5 Tiger motor props and a hexa x frame.

I see tiger motors have brought out 11x3.7 props, do you think these will stop the yawing?
Jdmagoo

PreviousNext

Return to PID Tuning