help to clarify this writing.

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: help to clarify this writing.

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Noppita

Yes we have the same motor mix. My default PID are the same as yours. When I had a vibration problems I had to lower P to 30 so I could stop oscillations. As soon as I took a roll of tape and quickly connected all the motors by going around the octo arm's ends the vibration problem stopped and I could use Tilt Angle P=60. When I replaced the tape with a much more durable Vectran cord.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm

I have not seen a parameter file cause a large problem with control but all of my parameter files have been good to fly with so I don't know really know if a bad parameter file can cause a lot of problems.

If your vibration are under control and your motor mix is good and your using default PID then you should be able to fly with no parameter file. An AQ copter does not fly well with no parameter file but it can be flown.
LPR

Postby noppita » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm

i follow your recommendation and used plastic string to connect between each arm and i was able to move my tilt angle from 30 to 45. big improvement, so the problem was arm length. I will do some mod to solve this problem and hopefully move my number to 60 and with better result.

thank you LPR
noppita

Postby noppita » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFDIzHEOJg

this octo in the vdo seem to be the same motor that i use.

please tell me if you are using 10 inch or 12 inch prop.

what is your battery size?

what is your flight time?
noppita

Postby LPR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Noppita

My motors are RCT 4215 650kv. I'm using APC 12" x 3.8 props. I made the battery packs with 10, A123 cells. They are wired to give me 5S, 2P battery packs. I get around 15" flight time with them.
The octo has ESC32 for motor control and a standard AQ v1 board. I'm using r75 now and it works well.

Nothing is perfect I just crashed and broke 2 arms and 4 props. I think I changed the navi setting a little too much.

Larry
LPR

Postby noppita » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Larry, thank you so much for your info. the string seem to make the system has less vibration. i will continue to solve this problem. at least i have direction to go on.

thank you so much
noppita

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi Noppita

Nice to hear you have improvements. Show us your video ;) .

Best
Christof
chschmid

Previous

Return to PID Tuning