throttle adjustment?

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Re: throttle adjustment?

Postby LPR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 am

Rusty

I'm not sure you should change the throttle range set. With your new settings you may not be able to arm or disarm the AQ. Raising IM gives more throttle change so your copter will react more quickly. I would not change to 800 till I tested with defaults. The default setting on the AQ work amusingly well. Much better than other flight controller I've used. All three of the multicopters I've built use all default values except for Rate D. The 9 lb octo, 4 lb quad with 15" props and a little 3 lb quad with 9" props..

Just getting the quad to hover at mid throttle stick position or 700 will most likely give you great altitude and position hold.

The hardest part for me to learn was to avoid changing from defaults.

Larry
LPR

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Larry,

Setting the throttle range to 0-1400 was what Jussi suggested, and in fact, that's the default for the radio at +-100 end points using PPM anyway. No problem with arming or disarming.

In the previous flight, I tried using full throttle during the hold, so it should have tried to make a 1 m/s ascent, but it still sank. If I understand the settings (questionable), the IM and OM changes will just allow the altitude hold more authority to use if needed, so I'm assuming it won't do any harm to increase them a bit.

As with most FC boards, the only way to really understand the settings is to change them, and see what the effect is, so I'll definitely be tinkering with settings, though it's nice that the defaults work so well.

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby LPR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Rusty

I'm totally agree with you on changing settings, it's what I do. The way the AQ works if you change one setting it's very difficult to understand how many things get affected. Not till I had one AQ flying well could I see how a small change in a setting is helping or hurting.

When you get the Factor Throttle set right, my guess for you would be around .5 you will likely have good altitude hold. Your quad has a lot of extra power and needing to set the IM and OM is unlikely. If you add a big camera then you would need to increase both the fact thro and the IM and OM.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to PID Tuning