[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - slow sinking after engaging Pos Hold

slow sinking after engaging Pos Hold

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

slow sinking after engaging Pos Hold

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

I still see a slow drop in altitude after engaging POS Hold. According to the PID videos I changed NAV_ATL_SPED_I from 2.85 to 2.9 but could not see a difference.
Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks

Christof
chschmid

Re: slow sinking after engaging Pos Hold

Postby plexus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 am

That is coming from your hover , it is too low; To adjust see that post:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=539&start=10

That is to adjust the Factor throttle in the QGC.
plexus

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

I am not positive about that. When hovering in manual my values are ok.

Hover Throttle.jpg

It is more that when POS Hold is engaged, the quad sinks very slow unless I apply some throttle. The moment of transition is fine, no noticable RPM change.

After a while, altitude seems to bee stable. But still rather sinking.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby plexus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes it seems to be good, indeed.
On my side the point of hold position is a little bit higher (750). But i have also an instability. Sometimes is correct . See my video in the other post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PPE2of ... e=youtu.be

And when you are in hold and you switch to manual, it goes down ? If yes, I think your value is not correct.
plexus

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm

I did not pay attention to that, but I usualy apply some throttle before switching back to manual.
It would be interesting to see your logs of your flight, especially when you come back to the pole.

Any ideas how to overcome the slow sinking?
chschmid

Postby bn999 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Increase your NAV_ATL_SPED_IM & NAV_ATL_SPED_OM parameters. You are probably not allowing enough throttle authority to the NAV controller.
bn999

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks Bill, I will try that.
chschmid

Postby chschmid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I was setting IM and OM to 660. The result was good, sinking eliminated.

Log 24.2.2013.jpg
chschmid

Return to PID Tuning