[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - It flies!!

It flies!!

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

It flies!!

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm

After tinckering a lot with PPM, spike protection, Spektrum,...
I've finally got it flying the way I want!
Its quit windy here at the momen but couldn't resist to take here out for a test flight.
Flying in manual I find it more responsive now using the spektrul than the PPM adapter. Strange.
I did however have to change all the midpoints from the TX because they were all showing 57%.
Now concerning throttle. I get a hover at about 30%. Bit when I engage alt hold the quad slowly descends.
When I increase throttle a little bit it stays at the desired height.
Should I increase the deadband? ITs now at 40.
Or should I do something else?

Once in pos hold it I was quite impressed with it staying in the desired position and altitude with gusting winds. NICE :shock:

Is it also common to cover the barometer with foam of some sort?
leopold1

Re: It flies!!

Postby chschmid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Congratz!
Like Christof mentioned you need to cover the baro from wind and light.
Use some open cell foam - you need to be able to "breathe" through it.

You should also play with the midpoint for the throttle channel to get it hovering at 50% so if your range is from 0 - 1400 you'll need 700 for example.
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Leo

I've had the sinking quad syndrome and I know a few others have also.
I would increase the throttle dead band to be sure the throttle is in the dead band. If it stills sinks then raising the Navigation altitude speed IM and OM will likely stop the sinking.
Default is 600 so I increased it to 700 and then 800 and then finally 1000 for both IM and OM. 1000 made the sinking stop but I've not had a chance to try more settings to fine tune.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Foam it is!

Well first off I reconfigured all my channels according to the ppm notes.
So THR between 0 and 1400 and all the rest -700 to 700.
Did the test and hover value was a little bit higher but when switching to AH it descended again untill I out THR now more than 50%.

Larry, I will try with a deadband of about 60 or maybe a bit more.
If it doesn't help I follow your suggestions.

THx
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 pm

I've changed deadband,same problem. Also changed Nav alt speed IM and OM in steps to 1000. Nothing changed.
Isen't there a parameter that defines at what throttle value it should hover?

I also checked my hover value and it is at 35%, 466 of 1400
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm

I've been searching this forum concerning the AH drop and came across this topic where factor throttle is explained?

If I readcorrectly, with my avarage hover value of 466 I made the calculation and should put 0,466 as factor throttle.
This should change the value where the AQ hovers automatic.
Is this correct?
leopold1

Postby Kisssys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Go out in a manual hover and then look at the log and see what your average reading of the throttle channel is. Let's say your throttle value is 466 like you said. Now divide 466/700 and you get a value of .665. If you multiply that times whatever value you have for throttle factor it will adjust it so it closer to being correct. If your way off it might take a couple of tries.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby leopold1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Steve, at the moment I have 0.7
So multiply this with 0.665 = 0.466
This is the new value I should put in.
leopold1

Postby chschmid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Thats correct. And whenever you need to readjust, take Steve's formula to find the new value without going back to 700 before doing the "measure flight".

Best
Christof
chschmid

Next

Return to PID Tuning