[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Please help interpret logfile: unstable YAW response

Please help interpret logfile: unstable YAW response

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Please help interpret logfile: unstable YAW response

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm experiencing problems with unpredictable yaw response of my quadcopter.
This occurs in different circumstances. Sometimes it happens in reaction to wind, sometimes as a response to stick input.
1. In reaction to an increase in wind my quadcopter tries to hold orientation with an extreme yaw response. This does not happen all the time.
2. When trying to change the orientation of my quadcopter the yaw response sometimes is very slow. Then suddenly an extreme response almost rotates the quadcopter 180 degrees at once. This also does not happen all the time.

When looking at acc, mag and rate data I can't find anything out of order.

Can someone help me analyze this problem?
I've attached two images showing the yaw data of the last flight. In the detailed graph you can see the yaw signal really looks different during the strange behaviour from the rest of the flight. It almost looks as if there is no yaw output during these events.

Best regards.

Jan Willem

You can download the complete log with the following link:

yaw.JPG

yaw_detail.JPG
HeliHenkie

Re: Please help interpret logfile: unstable YAW response

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Sorry for the delay, Jan Willem. But I haven't seen this before.
I can only advise you to play with the Yaw rate P & I values.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/tu ... titude-PID

kinderkram

Re: Please help interpret logfile: unstable YAW response

Postby John Adward » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm

i have just finished my quadcopter, the firmware is the 4.7 X configuration.
motor 4 is slow (full throttle are moving), i have already check the motor and it seems ok.
what can i do???

someone can explain me clearly how to reverse a gyro in this??
John Adward

Return to PID Tuning