[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Strange behavior with small quad

Strange behavior with small quad

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Strange behavior with small quad

Postby Yups » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello guys!

Finally my AQ flies, not perfect but i am satisfied :)

... but i have a strange behavior.

Watch this video, please:

(i am a new user, so i cannot paste full links)

I decreased Nav alt speed i to 1.5 but i have still this oszilation. Thats not my main problem. The worst thing is the peeping sound of the motors. The sound disappears when switching to normal mode with full throttle while holding the quad in my hands. Any Ideas?

Yes, full throttle: With full throttle in manual mode, the quad drifts away, turns 180° top facing to the ground and kisses the earth (or snow). :|

ESC: Flyduino 25A Simon K, 3 S Battery
8" Props
Turnigy L2205-1350 Brushless Motor (100w)

Greetings from quite cold old Germany
Yannick
Yups

Re: Strange behavior with small quad

Postby Max » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Yannick, welcome to the forums!

Before tuning auto modes, how does it do in manual? Does it have a hard time keeping a steady altitude?

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome Yannick!
I've edited your post, so the video shows up.
As Max already mentioned you should tune the PIDs for stability. If it flies good in manual mode, take the next step and tune alt_hold.
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/tu ... eshooting/
kinderkram

Postby Yups » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello!
Thanks max :)

Sorry for my late replay, but we had bad weather here in the north of Germany.

In Manual Mode it flies good, except of this vibrating and peeping. I haven't had it before with Mikrokopter and Naze32 control boards.
The quad does pos/alt hold immediately! Even while the wind blows very strong outside ... with the seen climbing up and down by 10cm. :|

My bigger problem is this damn peeping and vibrating.
Yups

Return to PID Tuning