[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Yaw tunning issues and tips

Yaw tunning issues and tips

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Yaw tunning issues and tips

Postby afernan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Yaw is working with deffault PIDs but is far to be perfect (at least for me)

In my quad with RCT5010 & 15x5 props I have several issues:
1.- has a lazy response to the stick
2.- much more reactive rotating CCW than CW
3.- moves out lateraly when yawing. Stick to left (CCW), copter laterally to right and vv.

In this video you can see all three issues, starting from PH and pushing yaw pulses left/right:

To improve the lazy response I´v increased some PID´s Yaw rate P = 500, and angle P = 0.075 and improves a bit.
Issues 2 & 3 are linked and I think they are a consequence of vertical missaligneent of the motors. Somehow they are aligned in favor of CCW rotation, so it can explain that rotates easyer in CCW and also moves laterally since lateral component is not zero when yawing. But I find very difficult to get a pefect motor vertical alignement.

Any experience / sugestions is wellcome.

Angel
afernan

Re: Yaw tunning issues and tips

Postby Kisssys » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi afernan

Look at your motor output and see if you have one pair of motors running much more power than the other. If you do, adjust the angles so that all four motors average about the same power level in a level hover.

Those props have low torque and you have to have the machine neutrally stable for balanced yaw.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby afernan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:02 am

Thanks Steve: I'll check that. I think is a good indicator of the vertical missalignement.

Angel
afernan

Postby epyonxero » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 am

epyonxero

Postby LPR » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 am

Angel

When I first started tuning my octo I changed a number of PIDs because I though my large high powered octo would not perform well with default settings. After many crashes I returned to defaults except for rate D which I lowered to 5800. I cannot believe how well it performs. I found that yaw is very much dependent on other PID settings.
If your copter will not fly well with defaults I found it's caused by too much vibration. Here's the octo doing a mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7im1ExXEug

Larry
LPR

Return to PID Tuning