[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Altitude in Position Hold - Little problem and more

Altitude in Position Hold - Little problem and more

The last Bastion to fine tune your FC matching your airframe & setup

Altitude in Position Hold - Little problem and more

Postby Jessestr » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi

AQ is working good so far.. 3 core problems to be solved.. just some tuning work

Only I have few things that I worry about, I've been trying to fix it but it' doesn't really go well. So I need your help.

Issue 01
- When doing some "faster" forward flight in Pos. Hold. the quad wobbles a bit after a while (not losing much height when going forward and probably backward/sides neither. only tested forward)

Issue 02
- When just hovering in pos. hold. doing nothing the quad starts to go down slowly bit by bit.. like I push the throttle stick very little down. in the GUI my throttle stick is right on the spot (0). I have a graupner mx12.. throttle always go to 50%
So I suspect the barometer and the PID's. What PID's are involved in the maintaining altitude while hovering/flying?
I had to set my Nav.Alt. Speed on 1.7 else the quad was oscillating in hover.. Now it does fine.

Issue 03
- When arming in manual and lifting off the quad wobbles around like hell due to prop wash.. but once in the air it's rock solid.. but it looks funny and not professional at all. Like the AQ can't follow the heavy reaction of the prop wash. Any ideas?

Jessestr

Re: Altitude in Position Hold - Little problem and more

Postby kinderkram » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 pm

I1: switch to manual for ff flights. Problem solved. ;)
I2: either try to tune "altitude position P" or move the throttle trim 1 tick up
I3: you're sure it's ground effects? Could also be vibrations when the motors turn rather slowly and then ramp up to takeoff speed.
kinderkram

Postby Jessestr » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

1. Well it's not only in FF flights.. Just had it while going forward not very fast.. and then the quad starts bumping himself in the air.. like he thinks he's losing altitude.. If I fly 2 meters from ground.. fly 5 meters forward not fast, not slow.. then I end up 5 meters up .. 3 meters higher from where I started)

2. Thanks. What's the difference between altitude position & altitude speed?

3. Vibration wouldn't be the cause since my logs are very clean and I don't see any vibration.. Motors run way more cleaner now and will run even cleaner when I got my SimonK updated esc's

Additional Question
To get a better position hold.. is it navigation speed I have to tune? In position hold it really still moves a lot..
Jessestr

Postby Jessestr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Anyone? :(
Jessestr

Postby sandmen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:22 pm

1. If the position Hold not works very well, the DVH can not work well.
At first check your GPS signal, how "good" it is.
After this optimize altitude hold.
In the wiki, is a PID tuning video, for the most PID's.

2. What do you mean? Let the speed by default and tune the altitude.

3. About your wobble, I think, there is something very unbalanced, I never have seen this on takeoff.
make a short log file from this part of flight.
sandmen

Postby Jessestr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for the tips. Just got my bluetooth modules.. Much easier to test different settings.. Will get my hands on tomorrow!

So I will first do the atti.. then do the position hold?
GPS signal is always very good.. within 5 seconds I got a blue solid led, even inside!
Jessestr

Postby LPR » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:37 am

I found in order to get my AQ to fly great I had to use default PID setting except for rate D.
That are your settings.

Larry
LPR

Postby epyonxero » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 am

epyonxero

Postby Jessestr » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Will start with clean PID's and try to start again with my bluetooth module. Just installed it. Works great
Jessestr

Postby Jessestr » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Been playing with all the settings I could think off.. Just went worse..
Will recheck the video's but really doesn't work out.
Jessestr

Next

Return to PID Tuning